Thursday, October 20, 2011

PURE & FREE!

My "Seize the Day" Calendar says this today...


"The best things in life are free."
-Author Unknown


"Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return."
-Peace Pilgrim Quotes


"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
-Buddha



Mariah on Tuesday night at the PURE frozen yogurt bar! 


We met up with NICOLE who used to work at  ATHENA.
Mariah always used to make "ASSERT" (dessert) with her there.
We were glad she was FREE to join us there!


PURE DELICIOUS! 


Beau Tuesday night when we came for Mariah...
He had a little smurk to share between bites of cheese!


Mariah yesterday happily crafting in my basement. 


We popped by my friend, Gailene's
and Mariah tried on this cute
Witch hat headband there. 


Here is Mariah with another
Witch hat headband on! 


Here is the kid's menu at Boston Pizza...
Mariah loves to have "BUGS 'N' CHEESE"
 


Mariah sitting on the Main sign in front of the Dance studio
after her lesson yesterday. 


Mariah and her dancing friend, Chloe,
giggling and having fun outside yesterday
after dancing! 


Mariah visiting her great grandparents yesterday after dancing!
They are so good to her, too. Mariah is their first great grandchild.


Today as I thought about a good theme
for my blog, I reviewed what I did
over the last couple days...
and came up with
PURE and FREE!

Tuesday night we picked up Mariah
and met our friend, Nicole
at the PURE frozen yogurt bar
for a yummy dessert.
This is fast becoming one of our
new favorite places to go for a
yummy treat. Mariah thinks it is ice cream,
but it much better and better for her, too!

Mariah is such a little FREE spirit, and she enjoys the chances she gets to be with her grandparents without Beau along, too!

Jana was going to a shoe show in
Edmonton yesterday, so we thought it would help out if we kept Mariah overnight on Tuesday and all day yesterday.
Beau went to his daycare yesterday and then Nels picked the kids up after his work day around 6 yesterday.

As long as I am FREE to help out...
I actually enjoy helping out with the
 grandkids when ever I can.
Mariah is growing up so fast.
She does the full day kindergarten
2 days one week and
3 the next. She is also in the after school program on the days she is at school. She seems to be loving it!


As I have mentioned in previous blogs recently... I am into so many TV programs lately.
It is amazing how much FREE time
I need to keep up with them all!
One of those shows is "The X-Factor".
Tuesday night's episode was very good
as they narrowed the singers
in the running to the top 17.
Mariah and I enjoyed it together.
Yesterday she wanted to watch it again...
she calls the show "The X-FACTORY"! hehehe
so we watched bits of it again 2 more times in and around all the activities we fit into the day.

She did some crafting in the morning and we stopped by my friend, Gailene's, on our way to Boston Pizza for lunch. Gailene came along, too. Mariah had her favorite meal called
BUGS 'N' CHEESE.

In the afternoon Mariah had dancing
and she seems to enjoy the social part
just as much as the actual dancing part!
She has many little friends in her class,
but her and one little girl named Chloe,
 always race outside to sit on the
sign after dancing!

We then went for a little shop at
Dollarama followed by a little stop at
GREAT GRANDMA BLANCHE
and GREAT GRANDPA GREG'S house.
They are always so thrilled when we stop by.

Last night I had some shows on TV
to catch up on ...and I am ever so
thankful for PVR! I am so glad
I have the option to tape the shows
I like and watch them when it is
more convenient and can spin
through the commercials, too!

My sister-in-law, Bev, popped by briefly
last night for a visit as well.

This morning was another gym day for me.
I always feel so good after the gym...
I am lucky I have the FREE time
to go when I wish. Once again
the classes were good.

This afternoon, I helped mom's friend,
Clara, downsize her sewing stuff!.
Clara has always been into sewing and has a big collection of stuff to go with that hobby. However, Clara's eyesight is failing now,
and she will be moving into a care home next month, so has donated her huge sewing collection of fabrics, trims, patterns, etc. to a project here in the city called "Cloth for Kids."

I loaded up my car to the brim with box loads and box loads and off we went
to drop that off today. This is in a Church
on the west side of the city,
where ladies donate their skills and time to making clothing for kids in the inner city who are less fortunate and have no money.

That was a  PURELY FREEING feeling for sure!

I felt good helping Clara out, and she felt good freeing up more room and downsizing while helping others less fortunate...
such a "win win situation".

I helped her get some groceries next,
and made sure she got back in with that safe and sound to her apartment. I have really bonded with her lately,
and feel good to know
I am helping her out.
She did so much for my mom when mom lived in that apartment block.

Today while I was on the computer,
a little birdie perched on my window sill briefly and watched me...I like to believe that
might have been my mom.
I told Clara about that and
she sure liked that thought!!!
Clara has been another
connection to my mom for me!

MORE Family celebrations continue
till the end of October...
Tomorrow my mother-in-law
is celebrating her 86th Birthday,
so I will be crafting another card for that!

Today I ran into a former dance parent of a student I once taught. It is always nice to see people from my past and recall the fun memories that surround those times...
Truly it is a reminder that
the best things in life are FREE!

So on that note...
here is the rhyme of the day...

The best  things in life are PURE & FREE...
Often the simplest things just please me,
I don't need a lot to make me feel good,
Infact if I helped out where ever I could,
It truly makes me smile from within,
I have a big smile on, infact a big grin!
When I help with others, it helps me out , too,
It makes me feel better, with the things that I do.
So a feeling to me that is all very PURE...
Is often the very easiest cure,
And things such as smiles,
cost nothing, they're FREE!
And FREE is the best
well it sure is to me!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved your blog. I can't get over how big Beau is getting, he's looking more like his father (from other photos I've seen) and he has big hands for a little boy, cute as ever too. Mariah is also getting to be a very nice young lady, I love that she 'crafts' with you.
    It's nice to hear you and Clara are bonding, I'm sure being with her, must remind you of your Mom. You're Clara's Angel no doubt! The photos, your 'quotes' and poem are terrific Diane, thank you for sharing dear friend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Arlene... You are so sweet with all your kind words always... I look forward to your comments. I wish you could meet my grandkids... well and me, too! hehehe Yes Clara is a nice reminder of mom. She is the same age as her, too. She is such a sweet lady, and so appreciative as well.
    Thanks for TAPPING in once again xoxo

    ReplyDelete