Sunday, October 23, 2011

CHANGiNG HATS!

"Grab your coat and get your HAT
Leave your worries on the doorstep
Life can be so sweet
On the sunny side of the street."
-words from a famous song by 
Jimmy M.C. HUGH and Dorothy Fields


"Love your life, do your work, then take your HAT."
-Henry David Thorough


"All your future lies beneath your HAT."
-John Oldham


"Everything changes, nothing remains without change."
-Buddha



Here is BEAU on Friday out on the swings
in his cute WOOLY HAT! 


BEAU playing with SHUFFLE after his play out side! 


Getting ready to CHANGE HATS! 


Here is Beau in the Halloween Ball CAP! 


BEAU on Friday ...
Changing HATS again!
Here he is putting the toy basket on his head,
Notice the little MONKEY landed on his sweater! 


Check out this cute little craft...
Cousin Gwen brought over her little
PIGGIE HEADS in HATS
 to attach to her cute retirement poem,
to use at her CHANGING HATS PARTY! 


Here is Gwen crafting away on Friday. 


BEAU is still in love with balloons,
so loved that we blew up many for cousin GWEN'S party,
with her helium machine.
My Niece Rowen popped by too!


Here is BEAU with his POPPA BRIAN
hanging out together on Friday! 


A very quickly crafted card for GWEN
with a pic taken here on Friday for her
CHANGING HATS party! 


Mariah in my car on our way to
GWEN'S HAT party.
Mariah loved her new hat... with a polar bear on it!
... grin and BEAR it!


GWEN during presentations at her
RETIREMENT party called
"CHANGING HATS!"


My cousin PAT and my UNCLE CARLIE
wearing HATS at GWEN'S Party! 


My cousin BEV, her niece, ELAINE,
MARY PAT, and her husband/ my cousin JOHN
all in HATS...
(my cousins Bev and John are looking sleepy!)


MARIAH Changed HATS
at the party from the POLAR BEAR one
into a cute LADY BUG one on the table!


It has been busy around here once again!
So many activities... so many HATS!

I babysat Beau all day Friday and he was so much fun in and out of the many hats he had on that day!

During that day my cousin Gwen popped by for some help assembling her little party favors for her RETIREMENT PARTY called
"CHANGING HATS."

She recently retired from her job as a social worker and her co-workers from several years threw her a great HAT party!
Not only has Gwen always loved PIGS,
she has always been known for her love of a party and a party hat to go with the theme...
so her little idea to craft "piggies in hats" favors was just way too adorable.

Mariah and I made an appearance at this party and it was obvious just how well thought of GWEN was in her job over the years.
There were more than 60 co-workers in attendance ...and everyone was wearing a HAT!
After a meal and several speeches and a power point presentation they served a cake.
(That cake just couldn't come fast enough for Mariah, hehehe!!!) wink wink!

It was a nice send off for GWEN as she changes HATS and moves on...
HATS OFF to my COUSIN GWEN!

Also in and around the activity I had visits from my brother Brian, and my sister-in-law, Brenda and her daughter, Rowen!
There is never a dull moment it seems...
always lots going on!

From changing hats to more celebrations...

Tomorrow my cousin JOHN,
(Gwen's brother),
will be celebrating a birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Him!

Tuesday will be a mix of celebrations...
My husband BRIAN will celebrate his birthday and it will also be the one year
anniversary of my mom's passing.
That day will be a mix of
HALOS and CUPCAKES!

So on that note...
here is my RHYME of the day...

I love to have the grandkids,
they're often changing hats,
And soon it will be Halloween...
a season full of bats!
Many things are changing,
for people and for seasons,
Many people changing hats
for many special reasons.
The fall will soon be winter,
and then it's onto spring.
How fast the time just rolls along,
with every changing thing.
I am always celebrating
one thing or another,
Soon it will be one year, too,
since I lost my mother.
Changing hats, changing seasons,
changing what I do...
I'm glad I have this little blog
to write about it, too!

2 comments:

  1. a great 'haberdashery' type blog to read today, I'm happy to read it Diane, your blogs have a way of putting my 'happy hat' on! Thank you for sharing your happy little blog with me. It's lovely to see you and your family friends having fun at the retirement party. I hope your cousin enjoys her 'days in retirement' now also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... My cousin GWEN is always a happy hat wearer... so she will enjoy this new chapter, I'm sure!
    Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog once again... I'm glad you are wearing a HAPPY HAT, too... that is HAT-TASTIC! hehehe... we could wear our happy hats together if we lived closer to each other!!! hehehe...

    ReplyDelete