Saturday, October 8, 2011

HaPpY GiViNg ThAnKs!

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you'll never have enough."
-Oprah Winfrey


"If the only prayer you said in your life was 'Thank You', that would suffice."
-Meister Eckhart


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live them."
- John F. Kennedy



My Happy little PUMPKIN, BEAU...
yesterday enjoying the Halloween stuff!
I am just so THANKFUL
 for every minute I get to spend with him.


Beau was having fun putting the pails
on his head!!!
He is such a little character! 


Here is the boy of many hats...
wearing the Pumpkin ball cap sideways
and holding a little pumpkin.


Silly boy trying to put the little pumpkin on his head
... but it was too little! 


 JANA and the kids yesterday on her way to work
as she dropped off Beau for me to babysit for the day.
I'm always THANKFUL for any time I see them.
Mariah is making a funny face here!


I'm always THANKFUL for the times my brother, Brian,
drops by for a visit, too.
Beau was THANKFUL for oreo-cakester cookies yesterday!
*note... the "LOVE" sign in the back,
 this picture is one of LOVE for sure. 


Brian snapped one of me with BEAU, too!
How cute is his hat?????
(His sweater and jeans are pretty darn cute, too!) 


NELS picked up Beau yesterday and
Mariah then did a round with the PUMPKIN HATS!
I'm so THANKFUL for family like this in my life.


Mariah and Beau just before they headed home yesterday.
Mariah is such a proud big sister...
and Beau was looking for her in the afternoon, too!
He wandered around the house calling "RIAH" in his husky little voice.


I picked up Mariah from her kindergarden after school program
and Beau from his daycare on Thursday.
I brought them back here,
and their UNCLE JENS came and picked them up from here.
He is also very good with the munchkins!


Mariah proudly showing me her Kindergarden door at her school
when I picked her up on Thursday. 


I was invited to join a group of classy ladies
for a Fashion Show and Lunch on Thursday as well.
I am ever so THANKFUL for the many circles of friends in my life!


THANKFULNESS
is a pretty vast theme for my blog,
and believe me, I feel I have so much to be THANKFUL for.

With this being THANKSGIVING weekend here in Canada, I figured I would share some of my reasons for GIVING THANKS!

I would have to give THANKS
 to my parents,
who gave me my life in the first place.
It was them who taught me
to be loving and grateful always,
and although they are both no longer living... their spirit lives on in my heart and my daily life, and for that I am ever grateful.

I am THANKFUL for family... my husband, my kids, my grandkids. I am also lucky to have my two brothers, and all extended family in and around... from aunts, uncles, cousins,
and in-laws... nieces and nephews!

I am ever so GRATEFUL for so many varying CIRCLES of FRIENDS!
(I am also grateful for CIRCLES, too, because when gathered together they create
POLKA DOTS!)

I am lucky to have my doggie, Shuffle,
she gives me unconditional LOVE...
and I'm GRATEFUL for LOVE!

Lately I have been THANKFUL for good food, and good health, along with a good gym,
which gives me a GOOD LIFE!

I have enjoyed the blog as it has been a form of therapy for me to stay focused on what is positive and good in my life.
I'm THANKFUL to be able to have a place to jot down my thoughts and poems and share my latest pics!

I'm THANKFUL for my blog readers, too,
some I know comment often and others are silent readers... but either way... to all of you...
I SAY THANK YOU!

I'm grateful for music and dance and
TV where I can watch lots of both!  

I'm grateful for a comfortable home and the beautiful city I live in and the seasons which I get to experience throughout each year.

Really my list could go on and on... but  for now I'll also add that celebrations of all kinds make us cherish the good and the bad times...
and they help release our emotions.
I am THANKFUL for those as well.

I mentioned in my last blog that October is a month of many celebrations within our family.

Yesterday my dad's oldest sister, RUTH, celebrated her 91st birthday. I think of
BLUE BIRDS when I think of my Auntie Ruth, and I wish her many of those !

Today, my grandson, BEAU is 14 months old!
 He is advancing so much in his little life
with his cute little ways and charming little
"BEAU-emian" language of his.
He now babbles non stop with these recognizable words...
MAMA, DADA, POPPA, RIAH,
AH OH & NUM NUM!
I love it when kids are learning to talk!

Also celebrating a birthday today is my cousin BEV...TAP into a HAPPY ONE today, CUZ!

I am remembering this date 25 years ago when I lost my DEAR UNCLE RUDY. I have many fond and cherished memories of him. 
I am always GRATEFUL for MEMORIES... they are what keep us going from day to day!

Tomorrow my nephew, MAXWELL will be 17 already... and I still remember when he was born... seems like only yesterday.

I have received 2 THANKSGIVING SUPPER invites, too... one tomorrow with Sister-in-law Brenda, and her family, and one on Monday, with good friends Bob and Jacquie.
I am LUCKY and THANKFUL for those and look forward to both outings and meals.

So as I celebrate THANKSGIVING...
I'll always remember to be GRATEFUL for things that I am most blessed with in my life.

I wrote a new poem yesterday but when searching through an old binder of some of my poetry, I found one I liked better. I still remember reading this one to my mom when I wrote it. MOM was always my biggest fan of my poetry, and for that I am ever grateful also!

HAPPY GIVING THANKS

Let's make some time,
and take some time
to all APPRECIATE.
For the very many, many things
that make our lives so GREAT.
We often take so many things
for granted everyday,
And often never take the time
to give THANKS, or to say,
That we're LUCKY just to be ALIVE
and have a HOME to live in,
And we're lucky for the HOPES and DREAMS
that help to keep us DRIVEN.
Sometimes it's just the LITTLE THINGS
like a SMILE upon one's face,
Or a great big park to run in,
with a nice wide open space.
A raindrop, on the petal,
of a flower in your yard,
When we stop to think a lot,
it's really not that hard!
There really are so many things,
to be so THANKFUL for...
We all just need to say THANKS,
for whatever we adore.
So it isn't just the TURKEY,
and all that PUMPKIN PIE,
Just make some time to give some
THANKS
before our day goes by.
Before we turn the light out 
and lay in bed to rest,
Just take the time to think about
how we are all so BLESSED.
THANKSGIVING is for
FAMILY and FRIENDS
to come and SHARE....
And also it's our chance to say
how much we really CARE!
APPRECIATION is a gift
we all have in our HEART...
It's something that is free to GIVE...
let's do it now... let's start!

(I wrote this back in October of 2007)



8 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is so good - great. And a very healthy and poignant reminder for others to be thankful every day. Your poem was brilliant.. it really was. Thanks for the words and thoughts and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I sure appreciate your comments always...and thanks for the compliment on my poem. I used to write them for the studio Bulletin boards always for various occasions...and I know this was a studio one I wrote a few years back! I do have lots to be grateful for, and enjoyed writing this blog today... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog Hun and a good poem.Im thankful for my wife and kids and my cute little grandiose and thankful to be getting home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops something in spellcheck screwed up it should be grandikids not grandiose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now it says grandikids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hun... I'm glad you enjoyed my blog and it means a lot to me that you liked my poem, too. I'm excited for you to get home, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great way to express your gratitude for life and family Diane, you take great photos, your grandkids are growing nicely, thank you for sharing.
    Your blog also brings a word to mind..'haberdashery' with all of the different 'hats' Beau had on, I loved them all. Your poem was very good, more people should read your poetry, I think you're very good at writing them.
    Thanks again for sharing this blog...since your theme is being 'thankful' on this occasion,I'm thankful we met and we are friends. Happy Thanks Giving friend xo
    p.s.I couldn't help reading the above comments...very cute indeed ( :

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arleena/ Arlene!
    Thanks for always commenting on my blog... You always make me smile! I love your word... "HABERDASHERY"!!! so cute indeed. I had a good time writing this blog, because I truly am so thankful for so many things...and YOU, my friend are one of those many things I am ever so grateful for! Thanks again, and happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete