Tuesday, October 18, 2011

FRiENDS... CAMERA... ACTiON!

"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away."
-Eudora Welty


"Photograph: a picture painted by sun without instruction in art. "
-Ambrose Bierce


"To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding inspite of the distances or thoughts expressed. - That can make life a garden."
-Goethe


"A friend may be reckoned the masterpiece of nature."
Ralph Waldo Emerson



Me with my SILLY "SCOOTER" SISTERFRIENDS! 


And here is the REAL SCOOTER!!!!
We all took the MUPPET QUIZ
about a year and a half ago on FB to find out which
MUPPET character we were most like
and we all came out as SCOOTER!
THUS... our NICKNAMES ever since! 


SCOOTER 1... COLLEEN
SCOOTER 2... ME!
SCOOTER 3... GAILENE
(There is a SCOOTER 4, too, JANET,
but she works during the day and missed our fun yesterday!)
 


SCOOTER 1 and 3 getting the cameras ready for our action! 


Me in my TAP SHOES out on a bench in the field
This is one of my "GO TO" poses always!
 


The CAMERA- SAVVY SCOOTERS talking photo lingo! 


My "TAPPED OUT" old TAP SHOES
sitting by them selves on the bench! 


ME with my TAP shoes ... hanging in a tree! 


GAILENE... having fun with her scarf...
kind of a SCOOTER BABUSHKA! 


COLLEEN... playing PEAK- A- BOO! 


A fun pic of Gailene ! 


Colleen calls this her FUGLY FLOWER!
... oh and that is me with it. 

SCOOTER 1 and 3 enjoying the sunshine on the deck...
oh and Colleen's cats...
PENNY and LEONARD
(Named after characters in the BIG BANG THEROY!)


Colleen and Gailene checking out the pics on one of the cameras! 


My little crafted card for my inlaws ...
who celebrated their 61st Wedding Anniversary yesterday.

"Celebrating the JOYS of two special dears...
Who are sharing the LOVE of 61 years."


Yesterday just after finishing my oatmeal
with this happy heart tip on it...
"HAVE FUN. LAUGHTER IS GOOD MEDICINE."

And while drinking my morning coffee from the white and black polka dot mug that states this inside...
"LIVE. LAUGH. LOVE"

... I received a phone call from my good friend, Gailene, to see if I would like to join her in a trip out to our friend, Colleen's acreage.
She said it would be fun to take the cameras and have a little fun...
so that is exactly what we did!

We call ourselves the
"SCOOTER SISTERFRIENDS"
as mentioned above after doing the muppet quiz on FB and finding out we are all most like the muppet, SCOOTER.
Scooter is the nephew of J.P. Grosse who owned the Theatre where Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy performed in...and he was kind of a "GOFER"...and also co-incidentally looks kind of like a GOPHER!

Well us... SCOOTER- GOPHERS were out in the field just having a great time snapping each other out in the fall colors of Colleens vast yard.
We had many laughs as we tried to capture our fun on all of our cameras. Gailene is taking a course in photography now and Colleen seems very knowledgeable on it as well, while I just put my camera on auto and aim and shoot... with all our cameras and two tripods... we really did capture the fun for sure!

I decided to bring out my TAP SHOES for fun, too and TAP into a few photos with them as well. I actually know the
SCOOTER SISTERFRIENDS
because I taught their kids dancing back in the day when I taught...
and now their kids, AMBER and KELLY,
 are dance teachers...
and it is like one more
CIRCLE in my CIRCLE of life and friends!
(Which I mentioned in my previous blog,
I have so many of!)


We definitely had a fun morning out in the crisp fall air and sunshine!

Later yesterday I crafted a quick little card to drop off at my in-laws for their
61st Wedding Anniversary.
WOW what a milestone to reach that many years of marriage.
I feel blessed to have such great parents-in-law!

Last night was another marathon night of TV... almost like a full time job to keep up with all the shows I am invested into right now!
I have more to watch tonight again, too.

This morning after my
TWO CLASS TWOSDAY at the gym,
I got chatting with a friend, ELLA,
I met earlier on. We often get chatting after classes, so today I suggested going for a coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with her and getting to know more about her. I can see we will go for more coffees in the future as well.
I am always open to welcoming new friends into my big CIRCLE of FRIENDS!

Tonight along with my big TV line up... we are having MARIAH for a sleepover. This will be fun. I get to hang out with her all day tomorrow as well, and get her to her dancing too.
I love my GRAMMIE D bonding when ever I get those chances. I am guessing there will be some more photos for the next blog as well!

Today my niece in Vancouver, EMILY, is 15 and my cousin, Laura's daughter, IRISH in Australia is 4. So many celebrations in October!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So on that note....
time for some rhyme!

Now with more FREEDOM.
it allows me more FUN!
So that's what I do, and I just have a ton.
And always the pleasures
are doubled with friends,
Infact that's when HAPPINESS
just never ends.
Then add in a CAMERA,
and lots of LAUGHS, too...
And mix in FALL COLORS,
and oh what they'll do.
A big open field way out on a farm,
And then there is just
so much more CHARM!
Hang up some TAP SHOES
right in a tree,
And then get some SCOOTERS
to photograph me!
So much to do
and lots to CELEBRATE,
My life is so special
and always so GREAT!
One big circle of FUN
just leads to some more...
Whether spent with some FRIENDS
or with peeps I adore!
Whether out and about...
or when I'm at the gym,
Whether keeping my weight up...
or trying to get slim...
Whoever I'm with...
I feel LUCKY and BLESSED...
Cuz I feel that my life
is truly the BEST!

2 comments:

  1. A great fun filled Blog 'Scooter Suzie' I LOVED it. The photos capture the fun and laughter...everyone in the mood for more fun, it's great! I can tell you have all been friends for years. Thank you for sharing the great photos, the 'quotes' terrific as usual and your poem should be read by everyone with wonderful friends. You hang with some very fun gals for sure! Thanks, Scooter for sharing your fun times.. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene... I'm not sure if they still have those quizes on FB anymore... with the many changes being made... but if they did... I'm sure you be a SCOOTER, too! You'd love my SCOOTER friends... we have fun for sure! thanks for popping by once again and reading and commenting, too... you are so kind always!
    :)

    ReplyDelete