Friday, October 14, 2011

PLaNS cAn CHaNGE!

"Things do not change; we change."
-Henry David Thorough


"It is in changing that things find purpose."
-Heraclitus


"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
-John Lennon



MARIAH in one of her mom's dance costumes
on Wednesday watching this adorable little girl
SOPHIA GRACE singing on ELLEN!
I think Ellen discovers great talents on youtube
and makes wonderful CHANGES in people's lives. 


Watching the little
girls on Ellen inspired MARIAH to
DANCE around my family room! 


ELLEN talking with the adorable little girls from
 ESSEX ENGLAND
Sophia Grace and her little cousin Rosie!
They were just TUTU cute! 


MARIAH and her little dancing friend, CHLOE,
sitting on the Main Entrance sign of the Dance Studio
on Wednesday following their dance lesson...
They were also TuTu cute!
Hard to believe how much the weather has
CHANGED since two days ago.


I was treated to a lunch at GRAINFIELDS
yesterday with my mom's friend CLARA. 


This is a wall hanging that is still up in my dining room.
I received this from a dance student, KELLY,
in my final year of teaching.
He popped by yesterday for some musical advice
now that he, too, is a dance teacher.


This is what the little plaque says on the above picture.
Kelly always holds a special spot in my heart as one of the
 VERY MANY DANCERS  I taught over the years!


Just had to share this cute photo of Beau from our
Sunday morning Fuddrucker's outing! 


Jana texted this photo of Beau to me this morning,
do they come any cuter???!!!


Today as I sit down with my vanilla coffee in my red polka dot mug, that says...
"LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT" 
And I have just completed my daily oatmeal which had this
happy heart tip today...

"Never underestimate your capacity for change."

...I begin my daily blog!

This week has seen a few CHANGES to my regular weekly schedule, but it is all good.

Wednesday, Jana asked me to take Mariah to her weekly dance lesson. I actually have taken her to 3 out of the six so far this season. I do enjoy that kind of bonding with my grand daughter, so am always happy to take her.
We didn't do our traditional STARBUCKS stop along the way, though! Mariah apparently had already gone to Starbucks that morning... hehehe... I thought we could still go, but she was fine with the one Starbucks trip that day!

Mariah was so inspired by two little girls singing on ELLEN before we headed to the dance studio, that she wanted a costume on and she danced around my family room.I must say those little girls were very inspiring and so entertaining, not to mention talented!

Yesterday I had many plans ... I normally go to the gym  thursday mornings, and had also planned to get to the studio to get some pumpkins and Halloween decor hanging on the bulletin boards before
October slips away on me!
However... my plans for the day had a bit of a shift. Once again it was all good.

I took my mom's friend, Clara to a follow up Dr. appointment for her fractured pelvic bone that she fell and hurt last week. The Dr. was running very behind, so we had a very long wait. Clara offered to treat me to lunch following the appointment, which was so sweet of her.
I know she really appreciates what I have done for her, and really I am so happy to help her, as she was such a big help to my mom always.
Clara no longer drives, and all of her children do not live in the city.

My plans to get studio decorations hanging went by the way side, when I got a call from former dance student...(now dance teacher) KELLY. He was wanting to pop by to get some musical advice. I felt flattered to be able to help him out and loan him a few CDs. Kelly was always one of those dance students that held a special spot in my heart...
I am always so proud of any dance students I have taught who go on to any kind of dance profession. I am happy to know that I have made some kind of impact on the direction they have chosen for their career.

So needless to say there are still no pumpkins on the studio bulletin boards!!!

Today I would have gone to the gym again, but was asked to get Mariah from her kindergarten at noon. Her little class is doing a field trip to the "FRANCES MORRISON LIBRARY" today. Jana said Mariah is pretty proud of the fact she knew her, as a great great Auntie!

In order to get my blog up, I skipped this morning's body flow class... will maybe do two gym classes tomorrow morning !

Later today I will pick up Beau from his day care, too.  Tomorrow afternoon and evening I will babysit both grandkiddies, as well.

It is a good thing I LOVE my GRANDKIDS to pieces... because I do have lots of opportunities to babysit them and bond with them on their journey through their little lives.

Being "GRAMMIE D" is one of the best things that ever happened to me!

I have been enjoying many TV shows,
 lately...I try to tape them all and watch
them when I can fit them into the PLAN!

I was always a big fan of ROSIE O'DONNELL back in the day, and have enjoyed her new show on OWN TV channel. I have taped the new OPRAH'S LIFE LESSONS show, too,
 also on Oprah's new channel OWN TV.

I still LOVE ELLEN DEGENERES, though, she just makes me smile! She has done so much to discover and promote new talents,
 and she is so charming with her
quick sense of fun and wit.

X-Factor also has me hooked. I am wondering if there was a CHANGE of PLAN in that show yesterday, though, as the broadcast was the same one yesterday as the day previous!

Dancing With The Stars is good, too. Although I do think the voting public is not voting in favor of the ones who
DO KNOW HOW TO DANCE!!!!

A show that Brian and I enjoy together is
"THE BIG BANG THEROY"
 It comes on several times a week...
and is a fun little sitcom!

My days do not always go according to plan... but I just go with the flow and see where my day leads me!

And on that thought...
here is my rhyme of the day!

Some days there is just a change of plan,
And I try to follow through the best I can!
CHANGE can very often work out well...
As the things I do instead are just as swell!
Usually I just try to go with the flow...
And follow to see where my day will go.
The changes I have, I really do not mind,
I just take them in my stride,
and see what I can find.
Sometimes CHANGE is as good as a rest,
And doing something different
can be just the best!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little late getting here to read this blog, but as the 'theme' goes..'plans change' and it seemed my day yesterday was full of changed plans...I can relate ( :
    It's a great blog, full of the cutest photos and of course, wonderful 'quotes'. The changes in your day sound like they were 'well worth it'! Your very talented when it comes to dance, I'm amazed at the students who idealize your talent and ask you for so much advise.
    Your 'rhyme of the day' was great..as usual I loved it...loved the entire blog, thank you for sharing your day of change, it's always great to come here to read...late or not, thanks for a terrific blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always appreciate you kind words here on my blogs! I am glad you enjoy reading them so much, too!
    I am ever grateful for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third attempt. Blogger is acting up, suffice to say great one - again, Diane. Love it! Pics, poem and positive energy. Thanks for sharing. You are the BEST!
    Arlene M!

    ReplyDelete