Saturday, October 29, 2011

BOO-TiFUL trip down Memory Lane!

"A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween."
-Emma Bomback


"Clothes make a statement, costumes tell a story."
-Mason Coole


PHOTOS keep the "BOO" tiful memories alive!



HALLOWEEN 2010
Mariah was a LITTLE TIGER!
Beau was a GIRAFFE... (BEAU-RAFFE!) 


Here are Beau and Mariah
"TRICK or TREATING"
with their parents...
NELS(their daddy), was a hippy
JANA (their mommy), was a boxer
October 31st, 2010 


WITCH way to Dancing???
Here is Mariah in her Halloween costume 2009
at her dancing lessons.
She was a PRINCESS, but she went
trick or treating with her Calgary cousins as a
DALMATION that year... (could not find a photo of that!) 


My little FAIRY with a sucker in each hand
and a bag full of treats close by!
This is Halloween 2008.
Mariah had a bad cold so did not go out trick or treating that year.
(Except to Grammie's  where she got lots of treats)


Mariah lived in Edmonton her first two Halloweens.
Above Right she was a BUTTERFLY in 2007(her 2nd Halloween)
And Left she was a MONKEY in 2006 (her first Halloween!)


And here is another blast from my past!!!
HALLOWEEN 1985
My son, Colin was SUPERMAN
My daughter, Jana was a CABBAGE PATCH KID
Below is TRAVIS their Grandparent's cocker spaniel dog. 


Some treats and cards from Halloween 2008
(on the card was Shuffle my doggie as a pup!) 


One of my all time favorites of Halloweens gone by!
1984
Colin age 5 as MICHAEL JACKSON
& Jana age 3 as STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE.
(I actually made Jana's costume from scratch, too!)
... I am not much of a sewer, either!!!


Halloween 1981
JANA'S First Halloween as a BUNNY
Here she is with her GRANDMA BLANCHE!
(I think I can see a bit of Beau in her here!) 


Halloween 1980
Here is Colin on his second Halloween
with his GRANDPA GREG.
(I made this costume, too!)
As a kid, I am pretty sure I was a clown every year!


Some BOO-tiful little treat baggies for
 Mariah's dance class, 2010


More Treat creations! 


Some little Halloween cards I crafted last year 2010
 with BEAU on them...
One of the little verses inside said this...

Happy Halloween to you,
From this little PUMPKIN, and me too!
I know he looks so very cute,
Dressed up in his PUMPKIN suit!

With HALLOWEEN coming up at the start of next week, I thought it might be fun to take a short little trip down MEMORY LANE today.I will post this year's costumes in
the next blog!

I had so much fun looking through all the "BOO"-TIFUL MEMORIES of my kids and grandkids at Halloween.

I did not take many pics when my kids were little, so the ones I posted of them
were all I could find!
I almost found all of the ones from
Mariah and Beau's Halloweens, though!

When looking through old photos it is obvious that there are some family resemblances, not only in Jana's kids and her,
but in my husband Brian and his dad, Greg!

This time last year had a happy sad mix for me. With my mom passing away on the
25th of October, 2010,
her funeral was then on Oct. 30th
(the day before Halloween)
I included an ANGEL in Mariah's
Halloween treat bag last year
in mom's honor, too!

Yesterday I went to Mariah's kindergarten to help her dress into her costume for the Halloween party there. She was so excited, as were all the little kindergarteners and their teacher, who dressed as a Scientist!
I will post a pic or two from that in my next blog Monday or Tuesday.

Thursday I shared an afternoon of fun times with friend, Gailene. Yesterday I joined my friend Brenda for lunch at a new restaurant called ROCK CREEK.

Last night my friends, Linda and Dennis came to the city from Lanigan where they live, for a charity fund raiser concert with
"Kenny Shields and STREETHEART".
We also went for a supper first at
CHEESE TOAST on Broadway, where I often dined out in my studio years!

I always enjoy time spent with friends.
I feel so blessed to have so many friends and wonderful family in my life always.

I have been chowing down on the halloween chocolate bars ... so it is a good thing, I have also made it to 6 classes at the gym
this past week as well!!!

According to the COFFEE CRISP WRAPPER...
it says...
"COFFEE CRISP Makes a nice light n snack!"

However I may have had a few too many
"LIGHT" snacks lately!!!
(wink wink!!!)

I hope you enjoy the BOO-TIFUL memories as much as I did looking for them for this blog...

On that note here is my rhyme of the day!

It's fun to look back at old pics again...
As I take a trip down memory lane!
SPOOK-tacular times and costumes galore,
And all such fun memories,
and soon to be more!
 Monday will be about
TRICKS and of TREATS...
I'll be handing out candies
to so many sweets!
I'm hoping for TREATERS...
and not many TRICKERS,
I've bought lots of treats and
also some stickers!
Soon I will post the newest additions...
Of this year's costumes and
more new traditions!
I know there will be fun times
with kids, too,
They are excited to dress up
and to also say
"BOO!"


2 comments:

  1. a great spooky type blog, I love Halloween so I really love this blog...great photos of Halloween's gone by and wonderful creative costumes too.
    The 'quotes' and captions under all of the photos are great, I love the Halloween theme for sure. Your poem was also very creative, thank you so very much for all of your hard work in bringing so many great blogs Diane, I love reading all of 'em, but really love this spooky type blog...almost one of my favs, thanks for sharing ~-~

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAR MAMMY'S Girl?????
    Not sure if I know who you are... but thanks for the comments... I'm guessing you are someone who comments here lots... and appreciate any and all comments... so thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete