Friday, March 25, 2011

FRIEND-ships!

HERE'S to FRIENDSHIPS... 
and I have so many... I love them all for many different reasons...
CHEERS to FRIENDS!
Here is a celebration pic with a couple of my
"BESTIES!"
Linda and Lynne

Another dear friend who I have been bonding
with so much lately
 is my "soul" sisterfriend, Gailene

in honor of my "Friendship" theme today
another memory from Jana's dance scrapbooks.
This is a dance she did with her friends,
 Jenn, Jenn and Kim...
in memory of their good friend, Jaime,
who passed away in august of 1994
There are small ships and big ships... but the best ships are FRIENDSHIPS!-author unknown


First of all I want to thank each and everyone of my FRIENDS and relatives, too, who have been tuning into my little blog world! I love writing it and love to tie my life together in themes!...and today's theme is a good one about FRIENDS... 
I have way too many to personally mention all of them today, but you all know who you are... and believe me I CHERISH each and every FRIEND 
I have in my life.


Today's Oatmeal package 
happy heart tips were this...


"Invest time in friendships"


"Be an eternal optimist"


My seize the day calendar said this...


"To LOVE and Be LOVED is to feel 
the sun from both sides."
-David Viscott


I am doing this in a bit of a rush today as I am excited to be heading to Lanigan to visit my good buddy, Linda. The Lanigan dance competition is also on there this weekend. I hold a special spot in my heart for the Lanigan dance community... as I taught 8 Lanigan dance summer schools there in the 90's, and that is where I met my good friend Linda, in the first place. I have since had dance students perform in that competition as well. I have also adjudicated at least 3 or possibly 4 of the competitions there over the years, too! I think the dance talents in that area are great and I enjoy keeping my DANCING FOOT in the door, so to speak! 


On a different note... my husband bought a BOAT yesterday... so that is the "ship" part of my theme for today... but that will have to be in another blog as I am getting anxious to get SAILING along here myself right now... so don't want to get slowed down by the little WAVE I have to say about that!... hehehe


Today marks the 5th month anniversary of my mom's passing... and a day does not go by that I do not think of her with fond memories... and I know she would have loved to travel along to watch the dancing with me today as well... but instead she will TAP into it from the skies above.


Once again I want to say how my heart goes out to my dear friend, Lynne, who lost her brother to a tragic car accident this week. I have really been thinking a lot of her. I cannot even begin to imagine what it is like to first lose a child to cancer (her daughter Jaime, in 1994) and now to lose her one and only sibling... her brother, Jeff.


It is just a constant reminder of just how precious life is ... and how we must live each day to the fullest and cherish every thing  along the way... and keep turning SIMPLE into SPECIAL!!!


Here is a poem I wrote a while back...


A TRUE FRIEND
A true friend takes time to show they 
really, really care,
A true friend makes the time to hang out
 and to share.
A true friend shows some interest and is 
always, always there...
A true friend helps you through the times
that are so hard to bare.
A true friend very often puts the other person first.
A true friend helps when things have gone from very bad to worse.
A true friend always has some mints or gum tucked in her purse!!!
A true friend likes to join in on the chorus 
and the verse.
A true friend will remember all important 
things to you,
A true friend always knows just 
exactly what to do.
A true friend will surely go that extra mile or two...
A true friend is a kind of one for anybody's crew!
A true friend is the one who will stretch and 
who will bend,
A true friend is the one who will be 
there until the end.
A true friend is the one whose little 
messages will send.
A true friend is so TRUE... 
and that is why they are your FRIEND!!!
Written in 2006

3 comments:

  1. Great article, Diane.
    Love the thoughts behind it. Great poem, too.
    Have fun in town with your best bud!
    Looking forward to reading more and more tapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another great blog, Diane...this friend thing is so true..I almost lost a very dear friend on the weekend, and want to make her feel special even more now!! It really does make one appreciate good friends for sure...and thank you for being my friend too!! You are very sweet to say those beautiful things to make us feel special!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for once again tuning in and for your kind and sweet comments always... greatly appreciated as always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete