Tuesday, March 29, 2011

little things make a BIG DIFFERENCE!

LITTLE THINGS... do make a  BIG DIFFERENCE in DAILY LIFE!
A Couple "LITTLE" examples
of making a difference in my life
Sept. 13th, 2008
MARIAH holding SHUFFLE
the day we got her!

This little verse written in my autograph book
by my dad in 1965
has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE in my life

Getting BEAU to GIGGLE
Dec. 2010
I cherish the times I spend with both grandkids

QUOTE books and statements galore
I do LOVE a quote for a difference!

I purchased this today and realized when
I got it home by purchasing it,
it allows a young girl attend a
SELF ESTEEM CAMP!
I hope my purchase makes a difference!

Today I was on my way to my Tuesday morning Body Flow Class at the gym and thinking about a blog theme for today! I try to go a bit early so I can walk a bit on the treadmill first, and always take my ipod to listen to while on it. I have a big variety of music on my ipod... DIFFERENT styles and genres... and the first song to play today happened to be
"WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES"
So that kind of gave me an idea for today's theme. It is so true every day in our life makes some kind of DIFFERENCE!
Today the gym was the start of the DIFFERENCE in my day!

I posted a great song on my face book page today as well called "KINDNESS IS TIMELESS".
The message in that song is more or less talking about how kindness is timeless... it just takes a moment to show someone you care, and that LOVE never goes out of style. This is such a true message... and one that surely makes a DIFFERENCE! If you are not on Face Book... you can youtube the song... it is by
Sergio Mendes off his TIMELESS CD and it features a guest singer INDIA ARIE.

This theme is pretty VAST...
so many people as well as things have made a DIFFERENCE in my life over my years.
It is hard to know where to even begin to expand on this theme.

I would say that my parents were the first to make a DIFFERENCE in my life... I could easily do a long blog on each parent alone... infact, I have so much to say about them I could likely write a book on each one... and who knows, maybe one day I will! I am ever grateful for what they taught me in life and it definitely contributed to who I am today.

My husband Brian has had a huge impact on my life. We have gone through many stages as marriages do... from newly wed to grandparents together... and every thing along the way and in between.  Together we brought up our kids, and I hope we made a difference in their lives as they have in ours.

So many friends I have in my life along with all my relatives near and far have made a DIFFERENCE in how I feel about what I do.

I was reminded on the past weekend how much impact the dance world has had on me... and hopefully I have had on it, too! I have learned so much from all my mentors there...
 from teachers to judges to students!

School teachers along the way in my life in all my own schooling and activities ...
as well as teachers in my kid's lives have all had an impact on the DIFFERENCE
we make in our daily lives.

So many little things make  a DIFFERENCE for me... this just really scratches the surface, really!
My grandkids have been amongst the many things in my life to bring rewards... and to make my life DIFFERENT... for the better ofcourse!
Even though I raised my own two kids,
 Colin and Jana...
watching my grandkids, Mariah and Beau
grow from little babies through each
day of their lives, makes me grateful for the
BIG DIFFERENCE they have made in my life.

I got to thinking just how DIFFERENT each one of us in our family are... but it is a known fact OPPOSITES ATTRACT! ... I guess those kinds of DIFFERENCES are to be expected...
and a good thing!

I looked back on some old poetry I have written through the years and came across a couple that sort of sum up today's theme.

I must say POETRY has made a big DIFFERENCE in my life and helped contribute to my creativity. My BLOG has given me a place to share many aspects of my life, too...
which have been both rewarding... and made a DIFFERENCE through the years!



My first poem actually shares things I like and things that have really made a DIFFERENCE to and for me to make my life better, and although it was written in 2006... oddly enough a lot of the things I like today are still the same...
so very little DIFFERENCE there!!!


WHAT I LIKE BEST

This little VERSE will tell you,
the things that I like BEST.
I like the things in MY WORLD,
that bring me lots of ZEST...
There are so many things I like,
I'm LUCKY and I'm blessed!
I love a COZY BED at night,
So I can get some REST.
I love to HUG and CUDDLE...
with people that I love...
I love my little GRANKIDS...
sent from up above,
When it's snowy and it's cold out...
I'm thankful for a GLOVE...
Anything that keeps me WARM,
you know I also LOVE!
I love the nice WARM FEELING
I get from  a BIG SMILE,
I like to stay real HAPPY...
and UPBEAT all the while.
A DAUGHTER, WIFE, MOM, FRIEND and GRAMMIE is a big file,
I try to fill each one of those,
each role with all MY STYLE!
Ofcourse I love a STICKER,
and I rarely ever fail...
To put them onto to every CARD,
I send out in the MAIL.
I add them to a STORY,
or when I tell a tale,
Or when a page just NEEDS A LIFT,
because it's looking pale!
I really like a CIRCLE...
infact a POLKA DOT!
I love to write a POEM or two...
including any thought.
I love to have a BUBBLE BATH...
especially when it's hot!
It's FUN to go out SHOPPING
and bring home what I've bought.
When it comes to COFFEE...
STARBUCKS gets my vote,
I love WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA,
though after I may bloat!!!
I like to drink COLD WATER...
it's YUMMY on my throat...
I like a RHYMING word or two,
I also like a QUOTE!
MUSIC keeps me HUMMING,
all throughout the day,
I like a SONG WITH MEANING...
and SOMETHING GOOD to say!
JAZZ is my first preference...
but there's SWING and SOUL, and hey...
There are so many types of TUNES,
that get me on my way.
I like to TAP my feet a lot...
I really like to DANCE,
I've done it for so long now,
so it is not by chance!
I like to MOVE around the house,
I GROOVE and move and PRANCE...
One might call me CRAZY...
or maybe DANCY-PANTS!
I like to WRAP a PRESENT
with RIBBONS and with BOWS...
When it comes to what I wear...
everybody knows...
I'll have on my BLACK T-SHIRT,
I have a lot of those,
I also wear my BLUE JEANS,
and don't have much more CLOTHES!
But when it comes to COLOR,
in my clothes, check out my SOCKS...
I love a THEME... oh yes I do...
I think it REALLY ROCKS!
I like a little VISIT... in fact
some lengthy TALKS...
I also like to WALK the DOG...
And take her for LONG WALKS!
I like to write an EMAIL...
and RECEIVE ONE even more,
I like to hang with PEOPLE WHO ARE FUN,
and not a bore!
When it comes to DOGGIES...
SHUFFLE's who I ADORE!
I like to eat some CHOCOLATE,
I love the bar called SKOR!
I love to TAKE A PICTURE
of many things... I do!
I have so MANY PICTURES...
some of ME and some of YOU!
I put them into SCRAPBOOKS,
and SCRAPPING, I love, too.
I like the little EXTRAS,
you can add ... the  OLD... the NEW!
I love to stay on top of things,
with all the latest TRENDS...
On TV I love ELLEN,
for the COMEDY she sends.
When it comes to PEOPLE...
I love FAMILY... I love FRIENDS...
There really are so MANY THINGS...
my LIST just never ends!!!

My second poem is just about the people who make a DIFFERENCE in my life...

A DIFFERENCE
Some people make a difference
to turn my life around,
They make the world a better place,
they make it more profound.
They strive to be the very best
that they can always be...
So others will just follow them
and very often see,
That when you put an effort in,
it brings out just the best,
It inspires me to be like you,
and not like all the rest.
It's little things that make a difference,
little words you say.
It's often just a compliment
that goes a real long way.
Or even just a nice warm smile
that brightens up the face...
It is that warmth that helps
to make a difference to a space.
I only wish there were a lot
more people just like you...
Because you make a difference
with everything you do.
I thank my lucky stars
that I can say you are my friend,
And I hope to make a difference,
  like you until the end.
Thanks for all you've done for me
and also for so many
The difference that you've made for me,
is worth a pretty penny!
So keep on doing what you do
for others and for me...
That difference will show up in others,
too... you soon will see.
Keep climbing up that hill of life
and with that great big smile...
The difference that you make along the way
will last a while.
For making a big difference...
and making it real tall...
I thank you for the many things...
I thank you for them all!

written in 2007...and dedicated to anyone who has made a DIFFERENCE in my life!

4 comments:

  1. Just another great blog...I love how you make a difference ...your always 'positive posts' do make a difference in my day, every day. I just have to think about what you say or quote, and it makes me see things at a more positive angle. So you do make a difference & I love that. If you do write a book, I know I will buy it for sure...Thank you for sharing...xx : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH... ARLEENA DE BLOGGER!!!
    Thanks... and you too have made a differnece in my life as well... thanks from the bottom of my heart and tapping feet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tossing sunshine into the lives of others, again. Good stuff! Very good - from someone who loves words and rhymes and bubble baths, too! Thanks for the effort it took to write and post. Appreciate it big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks... I know this was a bit LONG WINDED... sometimes they become longer to write out than planned!!! hehehe... but I also appreciate the effort it took to read the LONG read, too!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete