Monday, March 14, 2011

Somewhere Else with SCOOTERS!

My Seize the Day Calendar said this today...


"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Henry David Thoreau


Me with my "SCOOTER" sisterfriends!
COLLEEN & GAILENE
Where my Dance Studio once was!
The arrow points to the old entrance to my studio!
Where the Java Zone once was!

Today I went out for lunch with my SCOOTER sisterfriends! We all took the "Muppet contest" on FB a couple of years ago to see which muppet we were most like...and ended up all being most like SCOOTER,
(Kermit's stage hand nephew!)
So the name just stuck... hehehe
But we really met first at my
"Diane Will Dance Studio"
in the Avalon shopping centre back in the day, when Colleen's Kelly and Gailene's Amber danced at my studio.
It was kind of fun to go back to the old "STOMPIN" grounds today...
but instead of for a dance class...
it was for lunch!

It is crazy how much that shopping mall has changed since we spent so much time there years ago.  What used to be my studio is now a liquor store. What used to be the Elk's club next door is now the restaurant we had lunch at today, called "Somewhere Else Pub and Grill." What was once our favorite little coffee shop down from it called the "Java Zone"...
is now the "Orchard Vet Clinic",
which is where I now take Shuffle when she needs to go to the vet!

Times and places change... but the memories live on and so does the fun when we get together. Both of their kids, who I once taught dancing... are both now teaching dancing...
and the circle of life continues!

"When you spread around joy and happiness, then life all around becomes
a grand contagious celebration."
-Anna Trimiew
My Christmas mice...
BEAU and MARIAH
getting into the St. Patrick's Day Spirit!!!

These little mice have found a home on my fireplace since before Christmas time and I love them so much I have not been able to put them away with the rest of the Christmas decorations yet!!! I figure they can just dress in seasonal style and they will blend in!
Look at them SHAM-ROCKIN' those
St. Patrick's day shades!

"Count your blessings daily. You will be surprised at how quickly the numbers add up."
-Anna Trimiew

Today I was out with the SCOOTERS 3...
At a place where my studio once used to be!
I hold so many memories fond and so dear,
Now there's a liquor store standing here!
"Somewhere Else" is the place next door,
And "Java Zone's" gone, it's there no more!
It's now a vet clinic, where I can take Shuffle,
And the "Avalon Mall"  seems like a kerfluffle!
Funny how time changes so many spaces,
Seems not long ago, they were all different places!
The memories live on for me from my past,
The places once here, in my mind will all last!

4 comments:

  1. You all look amazing!!!...how great that u revisited the Avalon days...very surreal how times have changed since the days we all spent there... life has a crazy way of carrying on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep I personally like the old neighbourhood better... but we did enjoy revisiting! We had a very tasty lunch there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...aw there's nothing better than getting together with old friends...makes any day special I think!! Just like your blog... it always brings a smile to my face!!
    I love your cool mice... too cute they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane! another good one that put a happy face in my heart!!

    ReplyDelete