Thursday, March 31, 2011

SPOT SUCCESS... to the POINT!

Me on my last
year end Dance Recital
in May 2008 with
my daughter JANA
PROUD of the end of a
chapter of SUCCESS!
(and wearing DOTS!)

Me and my friend, Brenda today
at a WEIGHT WATCHER meeting
Today's topic... PAL POWER!
(note my polka- dot jacket!)

The FADING FAST
snowman only 2 weeks
after building him!
(note: polka dot scarf!)

My adorable grandkids
 are constant reminders
of how it feels to be a
 SUCCESSFUL
GRAMMIE!

Sometimes being a LOSER makes me feel like a WINNER!!!

 In May of 2008, on the night of my final dance recital of my dance teaching career ...
my daughter was there in the audience to cheer me on to the next chapter of my life.
She gave me a very special journal, which I mentioned in a previous blog post already...
it states

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined.
-Thoreau

She also gave me a lovely bracelet with that same message as well...

The Christmas of 2008 I received a great
LuLu Lemon polka dot jacket from
my hubby,
Brian as one of my gifts.
This jacket was super tight on me...
infact I was
literally... "BUSTING" out of it!...
and the polka dots over the bust-line
became ovals because
they were stretched to the max!!!
I was determined to fit into this jacket, however!

By January of 2009 I joined my good friend and employer, Brenda, from BSOBAD dance studio in going to WEIGHT WATCHERS.
I decided fitting into my polka dot jacket was good incentive to lose some of the chubbiness!!!
I used the journal that Jana had previously given me as a gift to record and
"SPOT" my
Weight Watcher "SUCCESS".
I was a keener, determined to lose the weight  that was quickly mounting on my body since retiring from teaching dancing!

I used the journal to put my weekly "trackers" and a photo of me
(wearing the polka dot jacket) each week, into!

Anyone who has ever been a weight watcher member knows the food is translated from calories to a POINT SYSTEM. The food is added daily in a required amount of points.

Anyhow... long story short(ER!!!)...
I went on to become a Life Time member...
and lost a total of 27 pounds.

Now two years and a bit later after attending my one meeting a month...
I continue to WEIGH in... however...
I am noticing the weight is
finding it's way back...

There is now a new
POINT SYSTEM.
This means I am having to RE- LEARN again to SPOT more SUCCESS!!!

Today's topic at the meeting was about how having a buddy helps to get SUCCESSFUL results. There is usually some form of inspiration to the meeting and today's was PAL POWER.
My photo will show you both Brenda and I as we continue to try to SPOT SUCCESS as PALS
at WW by following the POINTS!
(note me in my LuLuLemon polka dot jacket!)

After being inspired again in today's WW meeting I went out for lunch with Jana and the kids... (hmmmmm)... didn't remember to track my points though! oops!

Then I brought Beau back here with me as Jana was the helper/ snack mom at
Mariah's pre-school today!
I always feel rewarded by being GRAMMiE D!

Today I took another picture of my SNOWMAN built a couple of weeks ago... too bad we couldn't all lose the weight as fast as a snowman can!!! If only the SUN could melt off our pounds and we didn't have to count daily POINTS!!!

This weekend... I am looking forward to SPOTTING SUCCESS in a different way.
I am adjudicating a dance competition in Kindersley, SK. I have adjudicated a lot over my dance career... but never with my daughter!
So my POINT is this... this is yet another chapter in my book of life, making yet another memory to cherish within it!
I'll do the tap and jazz while Jana does the ballet, lyrical, character... etc!... and maybe even some POINTe!!!

Your Better Self
There's a  far greater person inside you,
Longing for you to release and set free...
Confident, strong, healthy, bouyant and new:
The person you've always wanted to be!
-William Arthur Ward

Here is my Poem of the day...
Less is more so many times,
especially when I eat!
And eating healthy is much better
than reaching for that treat!
When writing down the food I eat
by keeping real close track...
Helps prevent that extra fluff
and rolls all down the back!
It's easier said than done, I find
and with no back up plan...
It's so much easier when there's no snacks
around here for my man.
It is always sort of better, too,
when having good support...
And having to weigh in each week
and give the weekly report.
Some times when the path I'm on
veers off a bit to the side...
Those pounds creep up and find their way
back where they used to hide!
So I have a POINT... and it is this
I need to add the POINTS again...
Another POINT I need to stress
is to EXERCISE now and then!
It's not just about what I eat...
It's also what I do.
It's way more fun with some PAL POWER
to help me follow through.
Another POINT I have to make,
it's all about feeling great...
I know I feel way better,
when I'm carrying way less weight!
If only the extra weight I have
could melt off with the sun!!!!
Just like Mr. Snowman...
that would be quite fun!
But some of the pride of losing it...
and what makes me feel a bit thinner...
Is when I work real hard at it...
To feel just like a winner!

2 comments:

  1. Diane, your blog was a real 'winner' today...I always feel like a 'winner' after reading any of your blogs...you my friend are a winner for sure...thank you for sharing..xx
    p.s. I was in 'weight watchers' back in the '80's...& seriously thinking of going back...(not a winner.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks again my dear friend ARLEENA DE BLOGGER!!!! To me you are a winner... and I feel I am a winner just knowing you here on the computer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete