Friday, March 11, 2011

My HEART goes out to JAPAN

                     What a day in JAPAN. 
           My HEART goes out to them today.


Jana in Japan as the Little Mermaid
with a Japanese friend 2005
Jana's first Japanese contract at
Tokyo Disneyland
2000
4 more contracts in
Tokyo Disney Sea
As the LITTLE MERMAID

I took a BLOG BREATHER (BB)
yesterday because I was having a bit of
BLOG STRESS(BS)
the day before!

That all seems so very trivial now after knowing what went on in JAPAN today.

My heart holds some very fond and special memories of JAPAN.  Jana did 5 contracts of working  DISNEY in JAPAN from 2000-2005.
Brian and I travelled over there 3 times ourselves to visit her and see her in her professional performing career.
I was a very PROUD MAMA,
too, I might add!
Colin joined us on one of our trips as well.
What a life altering experience
that was for Jana.

I looked through all our photos of our trips there over the years. I so wanted to scan some for my blog today, but now the scanner is not working.
I did have a few of Jana in her mermaid costume on my computer, though, and also added the scrapbook memories out of her dance albums to share once again,
in honor of JAPAN.

I have nothing but admiration for the whole JAPANESE culture and their people.  They are such kind and polite people and very warm and welcoming. The trips we made there will remain as some of my best holidays ever.

Today as we watched the hours of devastation unfold on TV, it was hard to imagine what it would be like to be over there now. I am so grateful that Jana was blessed to have had the wonderful opportunity to work there in her early years, and that we could go there to see the other side of the world, too, before this unfortunate disaster, today.

Yesterday's quote from my SEIZE the DAY calendar said...
"The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved."
-Victor Hugo

... and today's said this...
"There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship."
-Saint Thomas Aquinas

I was reminded of both these quotes when hanging out with my friends Brenda and Gailene yesterday and with my hubby, Brian today.

Jana, Nels and family are off to yet another
shoe show in Edmonton, for Jana's shoe store
... so I had a little break from babysitting today.

Jana, Nels and kids had a cute family photo shoot done a few weeks ago and for those of you on FB you can check them out by going to the FB page Chelsea Klette Photography.

How sad it is to think of people in JAPAN today,
It's hard to grasp perspective
of what has come their way.
I only know how sad I felt for them
right from the start,
As soon as I heard the news of this...
to them I sent my HEART!

4 comments:

  1. Love it - nice, Diane.
    You have a beautiful family.
    You are a beautiful, compassionate human being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your constant comments! Greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog was most humbling, as it reminds one to be truly thankful for what we have and not to take for granted that it will always be here..enjoy life, laugh & most of all love...
    A great blog for sure, thank you for sharing Diane :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting responses on here... just wish there was a thumbs up button here, too! Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete