Saturday, March 19, 2011

RiCHER!

...No I didn't win the lottery ... 
or even make any  money anywhere! 
I just feel simply RiCHER in the memories made in my daily life!


I had a wall hanging given to me in my 25th anniversary year of my studio, which hung in the entry of the studio till it closed. Now I see it every day... as it is in my main floor bathroom. It pretty much sums it all up by saying...


                         P.R.I.O.R.I.T.I.E.S
A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, what sort of house I lived in or what kind of car I drove ... but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.


Jana dropping off the kids on friday!
Mariah was so sick.

I normally babysit Beau on fridays... but this week Mariah's daycare was cancelled on friday so I had both kids. I was excited to do some crafts and have some fun adventures with Mariah... but she had the stomach flu. It is so hard on Grammies to see their little ones feeling under the weather... but Mariah was quite a trouper in spite of all the throwing up she did.
I felt so sorry for her.



Luckily, SHUFFLE was off to "doggie daycare"... one less thing to add to the mix! She loves it there and always comes home pooped out by the end of her day, too!

Mariah watched the
 2 Little Mermaid movies
and her mom's Little Mermaid
show from Japan

Beau finally figured out how to crawl today!

My brother Brian
popped by for a wee visit!
(Mariah slept through that)

Both kids watching their mommy on TV!

Jana in her video of
"UNDER THE SEA"
From Tokyo!

Some of the things that saved the day

So although the day didn't go as planned, I felt I chalked up more memories in  my life. I feel so blessed to have such sweet grandkids.

My brother Brian popped by for a visit today.
I gave him his birthday card seeing as his birthday was on St. Patrick's day.
He was a life saver, too... because I was able to get him to run to the store and get some
ginger ale and soda crackers for Mariah.
Although Mariah slept through the visit, Brian enjoyed his time with Beau and picked up some banana muffins to take home, too!

I forgot how much I love the Little Mermaid movies. Jana got the VCR running for me before she headed off to work. We do not have those movies on DVD... but should get them!
I enjoyed the memories of watching Jana's little show from Japan, too. Mariah was so proud of her mom and kept saying to Beau...
"that is MAMA! "
Then Beau started to say MAMA MAMA!
It was so cute!

Beau finally figured out how to crawl today. He seemed so proud of himself, too! He is beginning to have a very mischievous side to him, and he has a cute little grin he does that goes with it!

So as I say... I do not make much money these days... but I do feel very RICH with memories !
Ones I could never replace,
and ones I am ever grateful for!

(my poem was written on friday to go with my day of babysitting,
even though it is saturday, now!)

Another day for GRAMMiE D...
Making another kind of memory!
I had both grandkids here today,
But poor MARIAH, was not in a good way.
My sweet little soul, she had the flu,
That's hard on wee ones, and grammies, too!
Beau was just his same sweet guy,
And brother, Brian dropped on by.
Although the day was not quite as I thought,
I still felt richer for the memory it brought.
I know my life is simple, that's true,
But I couldn't trade it for what others do.
The cherished times spent with grandkids now,
Will be worth a fortune in years, somehow!
They really make me feel so blessed...
Cuz family times are just the best!

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog...I really do look forward to reading them..even it's late at night..^_^
    So nice to hear that your little Beau man is crawling..he must look so cute...I hope Mariah is feeling better too!!
    ...now don't you go getting sick GrammieD xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Arlene/Arleena!
    I look forward to your comments now, too! Beau is so proud of himself with his crawling...and Mariah is better... kids seem to bounce back fast! So far I'm healthy, too! xo Diane

    ReplyDelete