Sunday, February 6, 2011

Blogging along with a song!

                                TAP into some favorite tunes and blogs!

Jana's tap solo at age 11
"ORANGE COLORED SKY"
by Natalie Cole

Today I got to thinking how MUSIC influences me in so many ways and plays the soundtrack to my life every day.

I have a collection of around 900 CDs... with a really diverse mix  of genres such as...
Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock, Soundtracks, Easy Listening, Folk, Gospel/Religious,
and Holiday!
This is the only recording
I had a copy of in vinyl, cassette tape, and CD.
Natalie Cole's UNFORGETABLE  album
(recorded in 1991)

I often load 5 CDs into my stereo which is right beside me here at the computer. I play them on spiral so it mixes them up for me!
I had a diverse mix of older favorites today...
these 4 CD's in addition to the
Unforgettable CD above!

SERGIO MENDES
-"Timeless" 2006
DIANA KRALL
-"All For You" 1996
STEVIE WONDER
-"Songs In The Key Of Life" 1976
JASON MRAZ
-"We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things" 2008

Any given day I can be playing any kind of music... or listening to the blend of 3000 or more tunes in my ipod, or I am tuned into smooth jazz on TV or on satelite radio in my car.

So many songs have memories attached such as the photo at the beginning of this blog. That song is on the mentioned Natalie Cole CD.  "Orange Colored Sky" was one of the many  favorite numbers Jana did. She was 11 years old here and that was just a memory that made me go find her dance albums and take a little trip down that memory lane too, today...
(another blog will go there some more!)

I have been enjoying the whole blog experience a lot lately... not just my own, but other people's as well. Some of these are the inspiration I got to go ahead and try a blog of my own!

Each one one is unique and different in style... but all so interesting to me. You may want to go check them out, too!

Some of these also list several other blog sites on their blog home pages... which are interesting as well.

Let's just say some days... I spend my entire day sitting here looking, reading, and being inspired while listening to whatever choices of music that provide my soundtrack of that day!

http://taliaaudenart.blogspot.com
http://ethelandthecrow.blogspot.com
http://kristynantunes.blogspot.com
http://www.becksbayda.wordpress.com

Like I say... each one of the above is interesting to me from a different aspect... so I hope they will inspire you in one way or another, too!

Lately I've been blogging along,
It cheers me up... just like a song.
With blogging there's no right or wrong...
Anyone can read along!

Some are better at the art...
But blogging is just from the heart!
So I sit down and I just start,
With hopes that blog won't soon depart!!!

It helps me to sum up my day,
And things I've done along the way.
I always have something to say...
About what's going on today.

Sometimes music... sometimes pics,
I love a song with real cool licks,
My camera tries to capture tricks,
It's all about the perfect mix!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing everything that you did today. Music also 'speaks' to me but I can't express it as well as you just did. In another life time, I sang at weddings, funerals, ladies groups, church, etc... A very good, dear friend always said in parting, "Don't lose your song... the world needs to hear it." This is what you are doing, Diane. And I am so glad you 'found' your song and share it on Tap Into Simple. Your friends, followers and readers enjoy (and NEED to hear) your encouraging 'tune of the day!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all your positive responses to my little blog world... I do try to hold a song in my heart most of the time!

    ReplyDelete