Monday, February 28, 2011

WEEKENDS = Family and Friends!

Family sunday supper!

My brother Brian with Beau!
Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, and then wait to hear the answer.
-Ed Cunningham


Life is about sharing.
-Yoko Ono


While the right friends are near us, we feel that all is well.  Our everyday life blossoms suddenly into bright possibilities.
-Helen Keller


Old memories are so empty when they cannot be shared.
-Jewelle Gomez


All the above quotes were taken from a book called "FRIEND" that I got from my best friend!


Supper at the YARD with our
 JAVA ZONE buddies
Julie and Cal

breakfast with friends
Gail& Daryl and Jacquie  & Bob
Sunday at Fudrucker's

A crafted birthday card for our friend Bob!


Ok... this will be a new version of my bog that got lost yesterday!!! I had it all written and it got eaten up into cyber space.  That happened to me a couple of other times but those times I was able to retrieve the whole thing.  Today only part of it returned!


This weekend was filled with friends as you can see above.  We went to a favorite restaurant, "Gibson's Fish and Chips" on friday night and ran into friends from Brian's work and sat with them for a great supper and visit.


Following that visit we popped by Brian parents, Blanche and Greg...and had a visit with them too. They do not get out much in the cold so are always happy when we stop by!


Saturday I didn't do a blog  at all... but we joined friends Cal and Julie for a supper at Yard and Flagon on Broadway, a funky little restaurant. They used to own the coffee shop next to my old dance studio, Diane Will Dance Studio. We haven't seen them in a while but used to spend lots of time over coffee with them! It was a fun catch up on time!


Sunday breakfast we usually go to Fudrucker's and meet friends and this week we sat with two couples. Gail & Daryl and Bob & Jacquie.  Today is Bob's birthday so I took a little crafted card for him!


I updated bulletin boards at the BSOBAD dance studio yesterday . I took down hearts and put up shamrocks... as time is MARCHING by! It was a BEE hive of activitiy there, too, as it always is at this time of year... with costumes being steamed and hung and private lessons in full SWING!


Last night my hubby cooked a fabulous supper and we had Jana and kids and my brother Brian over. Nels had a previous activity planned, so he couldn't make it! It was our first supper as a family on our new Ikea table!


Seems like all I do is eat... and the scale is definitely saying so as well... time to really get back in to that health kick mode! hehehe


Friends!
When I stop to think of my little life...
 I'm lucky to be a friend and also a wife!
Friends are what make the world go round,
They keep us social and happy, I've found.
I feel so blessed to have so many...
While so many others have hardly any.
I enjoy family,  but I also love friends...
They help share my life from the weeks to weekends.
I'm all about sharing a life full of fun...
That's what I enjoy... being with a "someone!"
So whether it's at home , at work or at play,
Friends come in handy... it's better that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment