Saturday, February 5, 2011

Those SPECiAL people in my life!

 Today was another day to bond with BEAU!  Luckily Brian took the day off today, too, so I was able to go the gym in the morning and take a body flow class for the first friday in a long time.


I don't often write about Brian, my wonderful hubby... but can I just say he is one of a kind!
Not only is he a great husband to me, he is a helpful son to his parents, and a doting parent and grandparent, as well.  Just this week alone he was up 2 mornings at 4 AM... one to help with a fall his mom had earlier. She needed help getting up, she did not break any bones, but it was a scare. The other 4 AM was to drive Jana and her business partner Melissa to the airport for their quick little shoe buying trip for their store.
He also picked them up at midnight the following day from the airport.  Today he helped with babysitting Beau, and picked Mariah up from daycare and took her for a little shop, too. Mariah was thrilled because her poppa bought her a movie and a pet shop puppy.  He really is a caring kind of guy and we are all lucky to have him in this family for sure. 


He and I went for a yummy A&W supper on our way to a little costco run tonight. I love the teen burger combo every now and again! YUM!!!


Mariah wanted to make the valentine cookies she discovered in my fridge the other day... she is quite a little cookie monster... she loves to bake them and eat them, too.  I discovered a new little 100 calorie treat the other day, too, chocolate and yogurt covered pretzels... right now on 2 boxes for $5.00 at Safeway.


My friend Gailene popped by for a visit today, we always enjoy visits and time shared. She helped with Beau who woke up a bit fussy from his afternoon nap. Soon Gailene will be a grandma again... so I think she enjoys the chances to practice up for a new baby on it's way in her family.


Yesterday my friend Linda had some stress at her job. She lives in Lanigan, and they don't have a starbucks there... too bad because her and I always find great comfort in a starbucks. If I wasn't such a highway driving wimp... I would have taken her one. I always love it when she comes to the city, and our first stop is always starbucks... it is tradition. Linda is such a caring person and fabulous friend for me. We have lots in common, including kids the same age, as well as the love of our precious grandkids. Today she is celebrating the day she became a mom for the first time 32 years ago. I look forward to the next visit with Linda... hopefully that will be one weekend soon!


Brian loving his grand son today

Having a little snuggle with Beau today

The happy jumper today!

Jana when she picked up her kids tonight.

a new favorite snack

Sharing a traditional Starbucks moment
with friend Linda last summer

The Valentine cookies Mariah and I made today.
I think I take so many pictures... one of these days, I need to scrap book some of the many memories. I am getting quite a collection of little jolly jumping videos of Beau as well. He sure enjoys a good jump...and he smiles and giggles whenever he's in the jolly jumper.


                     I feel so very lucky, 
                 and also I feel blessed,
          Because I have some special ones, 
                 that I think are the best.
              There's many people in my life 
                that make me feel that way.
             And I should really tell them
           when they're special everyday. 
          It's funny how I think they know
              how much they mean to me.
           But maybe if they heard it more,
                   they would truly see!
            We tend to go about our day,
             and just assume each thing...
           And often don't relay how much
             their shared emotions bring!





No comments:

Post a Comment