Friday, February 25, 2011

A Grandma's LOVE

GRANDMAS
are loved and special!


Mariah and my mom...
her great grandma Marilou
August 7, 2008


A favorite mug I received from a fellow
Grandma... and my good buddy, Linda!
How true the saying is!

Playing with Mariah on the swings last summer!

Beau with his  Great Grandma Blanche
Fall 2010

Mariah with both her Grandmas...
Grandma "ANCY"... and Grammie D
With our special Tea Sets
Christmas 2009

Mariah and her Grammie D
holding the 2 angel pics of 2010
Christmas 2010
MARIAH asked for a picture of her
Great Grandma Marilou, and since
has been intrigued with ANGELS!

Icing Christmas Cookies
Dec. 2010
Making precious memories!

A giggle for Grammie D
from Beau a couple days ago!

Mariah with both her "PROUD" Grandmas
 at her dance lesson Fall 2010

This Grammie never runs out of kisses
for her little ones!
Beau-Dec. 2010
                        There is no end to 
                      A GRANDMA'S LOVE ...


Today I got to thinking of my mom who was not only a grandma, but also a great grandma. She passed away exactly 4 months ago to the day. I think of her so often and she lives on in my heart always. I feel her presence often...like on days like today!


                        GRANDCHILDREN 
                       complete the circle of 
                          LIFE... and LOVE!


AS I babysit BEAU often... I included more photos of Mariah in this post. I went back a few years for some cute memories of Grandmas and Great Grandmas. 


Little Beau is asleep now, so I thought I'd do an earlier blog today, while he is sleeping!


I have a little picture frame hanging here by my computer that says...
                      GRANDCHILDREN 
                  Each day is filled with the 
                     JOY of being GRAND.


I often think of the circle of life and how we pass on things from one generation to the next. I have many fond memories of my grandparents, and I know my kids do of their grandparents, too.  Now I am a grandparent and I want to make memories my grandkids will remember as wonderful cherished times as well. 


I wanted to share a little memory I had of my Grandma Will (my dad's mom). She passed away suddenly in February when I was only 6 years old...(not much older than Mariah) I have some very vivid memories of her. She was a sweet kind lady so soft and gentle of nature. She had a big face with an equally big smile on it always. She occasionally babysat us. When ever she came over she always had something special tucked in her pocket for me. It would be something like a cute picture she had taken out of a magazine from maybe a kleenex add with little kitties on it or sometimes she would have a little candy. I remember that so clearly.


My Grandma Harrington (Mom's mom), was always very generous and kind to people. She was a real entertainer holding open houses for international students at her home on the first sunday of every month. Her home was beautiful and I still remember her special Christmas decorations on her tree each year.  She had a secret little wink she gave me always... which made me feel like I was important!


I know both my mom and Brian's mom played big roles in the lives of my kids growing up. They were always ever so supportive of all our kid's activities when they were growing up, too. I know they did their share of babysitting here and there, as well. Jana ate her lunch at the Raskob grandparents from grades 3-8 when going to the fine arts school across the street from their place.


Now the ball is in my court as GRANDMA. Not only do I love the honor of being one... I truly enjoy my grandkids so much... and love being a part of these early stages of their lives. These are memories I will CHERISH forever in my life. 


I am grateful that the Grandmas who paved the way for me... showed me how important the little things in life truly are.


When I babysit... I don't get housework done, or really much of anything done... but what matters most is that I am becoming RICHER in life memories. Truly the best things in life ARE FREE!  


It is funny how all the stages I've watched Mariah and Beau go through have been so different with not only my experiences of raising my 2 kids, but with even the two of them.


I have done many things in my lifetime. I have felt blessed along the way with the path my life has taken. Although my parents are both gone now... and I miss them both very much, I am ever so grateful for everything they did for me while alive.


"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."
-Alex Palmer Haley


A Grandmother's LOVE!
There is nothing as special as a grandmother's love.
The love here on earth, and also above.
There's nothing more precious to them than a child.
A baby ... or even a toddler gone wild!
A grandma can offer up something so pure,
A grandma is caring and loving for sure.
From reading of stories to just simple bliss...
From giving of hugs and also a kiss!
The grandkids just seem to bring so much pleasure,
The bonding that's shared, is a rare kind of treasure.
A love to last through the generations and ages...
To add more life stories and many more pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment