Tuesday, February 1, 2011

HEART Warming Inspiration!

              TAP into FEBRUARY... the month of 
                       LOVE and HEARTS!


A little smile from Baby Beau
yesterday after his morning nap!

Auntie Jean's birthday cake
(I didn't get a pic before they started to cut into it!)

My AUNTIE JEAN is 95 today




Today was an inspiring start to a new month.
I started off with a great class of Body Flow at the gym taught by Dominique. Usually Trent teaches Tuesdays, but they both are awesome teachers. 
I had really debated whether I wanted to go out in this deep freeze but was glad I chose to go.


Today my AUNT JEAN turned 95 years old!  What an inspiration she is to me and to anyone else for that matter. She was so sweet when I popped by her home to drop off my crafted card and a little rose in a swan vase.  We enjoyed a lovely visit along with some birthday cake.  When she made a wish before blowing out her candles, she wished everyone good health! 
               (How sweet is that?)  
I wished I had got that on video... but I wasn't on the bit... I did however get a few pictures.  She so very graciously introduced me to everyone there, too! The home was nicely decorated both for her birthday as well as up coming Valentine's day.  Auntie Jean is my mom's oldest sister and she is as sharp as you can possibly be.  


With this cold weather, CHILLI is always a heart warming meal, so that is what we are having today for supper, I made a big crock pot of it... YUM... one of my favorites. It always smells so good when it is cooking!


          The quote of the day on my little 
                 "Seize the Day" calendar 
     was written by Maya Angelou and says... 
  "Determine to live life with flair and laughter. "



HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTIE JEAN 

:
A little crafted card for my
 95 year old aunt!

Here is the poem I wrote in my aunt's card:

Treasure every moment...
That life has brought to you!
Today it is your birthday,
And it is special, too.
95's a milestone year,
You've made it very far.
Not many make it to that age,
But you're a real bright star!
And you are very cherished,
To the ones who love you so.
And you are wished more happiness,
Than you will ever know!


Today was an inspiring and heart warming day !



4 comments:

  1. LOVE that photo of Beau-Beau!!

    -morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan... and congrats on your new blog!
    Feel free to pop by anytime and say hi to BEAU... he is here a lot! and gets cuter by the day... if I do say so myself! hehehe
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great blog Diane and great photos too..I had an 'Aunt Jean' also..my mom's younger sister... although I had 8 aunts, she was my favorite! But she passed away many yrs. ago. I noticed from this photo, your aunt looks a lot like your mom and I see a resemblance in the photo of you & your aunt too...very nice indeed!! I hope you can enjoy your mother's day, I hope your family spoils you to pieces, you so deserve it...wishing you a wonderful day my sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ALEENA/ ARLENE!
    I do appreciate all your comments on my blogs... I kind of enjoyed coming back and reading this one again. I am so glad I made the effort to visit my Aunt on this (her final birthday)...and what a milestone it was to reach 95, too... she was a wonderful aunt to me, and my mom's oldest sister.

    ReplyDelete