Monday, January 31, 2011

A Month of Rewarding Memories!


Mariah the cookie designer...
Snakes and snowmen!!! 
First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU to any of my family and friends who have taken the time to TAP into my little blog over the last month!  My very first post was made as a trial... one month ago, today, on December 31st, 2010.

Since that day so much has happened in my little world!  I have really enjoyed sharing the cherished memories along the way, and am also grateful because as I write them down here, it is a way of keeping them in my memory forever, too!  It is kind of like my own little GRATEFUL JOURNAL of 2011!

When I decided to take on a blog, I had no idea how often I would write to begin with, but now as I have come one month into it, I realize that it has given me a little positive purpose in my daily life!  It has really helped me to focus on what is important in my day. It is a way for me to TAP into something SiMPLE and make it SPECiAL everyday!

I babysit my grandson, Beau most Mondays and Fridays.  I feel I am a lucky grandma to bond with him through his early stages of life.  I have to say I think his parents are lucky, too, because he is such a sweet little guy.  Although he has gone through some fussier times lately, and we keep expecting a tooth to make an appearance.  So far no teeth, YET!!! 

Beau was dropped off here today by his daddy...and I see in the diaper bag, Mariah has sent along a couple more of her pets and their blankies,  for me to babysit once again...so cute!

As long as Beau sleeps Shuffle can be out of her kennel... but she has done lots of "in kennel" time, too lately. She isn't impressed with that time she spends cooped up.  Right now she is here beside my feet as I type away. She is such a fun little doggie for us!

I decided to go back through my photos of January 2011 and post a few more of the memories from the past month.  I do take a lot of pics...and they can't all be on here... but enjoy the memories I found today!

A crafted card for my beautiful daughter
 on her milestone 30th birthday

Baby sitting more of
Mariah's pets with their blankies!

Shuffle isn't impressed with all the
KENNEL TIME!

Brother Bob joined us a Fudrucker's
one sunday morning!

the January caption in my Birthday Calendar
"CARRY LAUGHTER WHERE EVER YOU GO"

A TAPPiNESS thank you card!

A sunday morning breakfast at Fudruckers
Mariah wanted a cookie on her way out!

My brothers and me...
this photo was taken BY Mariah at my cousin Bev's
New Year's day open house.

Jolly Jumpin' Beau in his cute little hat!

This past month my blog has brought new purpose to my days,
It's made me look at my own life in more positive ways.
It's made me really realize just how lucky I can be.
By writing down the moments that are so precious to me.
Although my life is simpler now, than it once was...
It helps me to write it down and review it, just because!
It gives me new perspective on the little things each day.
And that simple can be special in any kind of way.
That life is what I make it, and it is up to me...
Approval from the outside world, should matter not, you see!
As I continue to move forth... towards the days ahead,
I hope to turn the simple into special like I've said.
Everybody has that chance to do that if they choose.
But when we turn to negative... we really only lose.
The next month it is really on the focusses of LOVE...
And I just know I 'll still be watched, by SPECiAL ones above!

No comments:

Post a Comment