Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ANOTHER CHERiSHED MEMORY... 30!

My "LITTLE MERMAID" turned 30 years old today...  where does the time go?



Jana has been a wonderful daughter and growing up we were so close.  I think the years of my dance studio and having her "DANCE" from the time she was 3 years old to the time of her professional career in Tokyo Disney as the "Little Mermaid, created a very special and unique bond for us as mother and daughter.

Now I watch her as a successful business owner, of her own "SHOE" store  and the mom of my two adorable grandkids and feel so proud to see how far she has come in this "WALK" of life.

Today I had a flashback of my life at the age of 30.  I had two small kids and a business of my own then, too.  I remember how busy I was and how it was hard to squeeze in time for life's little pleasures.

This morning Jana and I shared a great visit with coffee,   cinnamon buns and "PEDIURES".
Beau was such a good baby there, too!  We then went for a quick little shop, with our
"FABULOUS FEET"... and had lunch before Jana was off to get Mariah from daycare to preschool!

This morning was another CHERiSHED MEMORY for me in my little book of life!... It was another reason to once again feel so grateful and so blessed!

   "FaBuLoUs FeeT!"
Today we got pampered and it felt sweet,
While we shared some time and got fabulous feet!
My daughter turned a milestone age,
She's "30" now, it's a brand new page!
A page from the chapter of our book of years,
A day to reflect on many of life's cheers.
When Jana was small, we did a lot with each other,
Now she is a busy mom, with little time for mother.
So when we're together , it means so much to me.
I cherish every minute, and how special it can be.
It is a time of life when things are moving way too fast,
We keep on moving forward and forget to make things last.
Now that I no longer have my mom with me on earth,
I see things in a different light, and just how much they're worth.
So sharing time on birthdays is a treasure that's for sure,
In whatever we can do to bond, to keep our love real pure.
AGE is just a number... but TiME is precious though,
So making time for pampering, is valuable, you know!
A pedicure and coffee, a little shop and lunch...
Another CHERiSHED MEMORY to store with the whole bunch!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! Happy Birthday to both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Talia... love your new maternity pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great day and a great poem!...had a little bonding time with my girl yesterday.. sooo special!

    ReplyDelete