Friday, January 21, 2011

SpReAdiNg TaPpiNeSs to THEMES- EXTREME!

First of all I am excited that a former dance student, Susan Nase, is going to be in town to SPREAD SOME TAPPiNESS with me and who ever else cares to TAP into this wonderful opportunity!  She grew up dancing at my "Diane Will Dance Studio" from when she was 5  years old to when she graduated from high school. She was an accomplished dancer in all forms... but TAP was her thing.  She went onto tapping in New York  and later became part of a tap company and is now passing through SASKATOON this weekend.  I am just locking in details for a class with SUSAN!  I know I am very excited to see her and take a class from her, too!  I will continue to update my FB with details on this short notice little TAP class this Sunday!

When I owned and operated my studio from 1974-2002, I was all about a THEME... infact I took a THEME to EXTREME in songs, costumes, shows, and also celebrated themes through studio decor and bulletin boards during dance exams and the season changes as well. I usually had co-ordinating stickers to go with most things, too... because I do love stickers!  We also had several THEME related fun weeks where we wore theme related stuff to dancing.  The most fun one of those was always the CLASH WEEK!

When I moved to "Brenda's School Of Baton And Dance" (BSOBAD) to become the TAP DIRECTOR of the studio, in fall of 2002, I carried my love of themes to that studio.  This studio is in an old school building so there are bulletin boards all over the place!  I still enjoy carrying the theme thing through there as well.  I did retire from teaching in the end of 2008, but am still the bulletin board  person there.  I do enjoy free lance teaching here and there when asked, as well as adjudicating dance festivals and competitions across Canada, when ever asked, too!

I like to choose a theme that is fun each year to use for little plays on words, etc. and tie things together on the boards.  We started out BUZZING with themes in my first fall at BSOBAD.  Since then I have gone through many themes... but because BEES worked so well with the "B"SOBAD name... we have "BEE"n more or less "BEE"cycling the last couple of years!

Anyhow... yesterday I finally made it to the studio to take down CHRISTMAS on the upstairs boards ... and get up VALENTINE'S... ( I decided to skip Happy New Year) upstairs... figured we had done that "BEE"N there already!  Although I enjoy the whole creative process... it does consume lots of time.  I enjoy being creative as well as staying connected to the studio and keeping my FOOT in the door, so to speak!

I also wanted to mention that BRENDA BENNETT, director of the studio, was just chosen by SASKATCHEWAN SPORT as this year's recipient of the "COACH DEDICATION AWARD" here in Saskatchewan for her contribution as a world class Baton coach.  So big shout out to my good friend, and coach extraordinaire, Brenda on that wonderful achievement!

When I taught at the studio I was into taking LOTS of pictures... so there were lots to hang... but now that I am no longer there much during lesson times... there are not as many pics to hang!

So I will post a few BSO-BOARDS from last fall here for you to see!... and a little THEME poem from a few years ago, too! ENJOY!
just a little TaPpiNeSs card from a while back!
one of the many BSOBAD boards!
just another of the many BSO-BOARDS!
TAP into your PASSION!
Put your HEART into it!

Let's take a trip down Memory Lane and TAP into some of the many THEMES...
Here is a poem that was updated a few times... from THEME to THEME and
has "BEE"N on the BSOBAD BOARDS a few times!

At BSOBAD...
We love a THEME!
We LOVE to take it to EXTREME!!!
We've DANCED a lot,
And if you please...
We've BUZZED, and BUZZED, a lot like BEES!
From HEARTS to STARS, From MITTS to SHOES...
From HATS to CANES,
And please don't snooze!
BUNNIES, SANTAS, and FLOWERS in BLOOM!
And BEARS and FISH swimming through every room!
We've had our CAKE, and ate it too...
And just when you think that we should be through,
Oh NO, we are not,
We'll make it last...
It's way too much fun,
We're having a blast!!!
We've QUACKED like DUCKS, TOAD-ally ROCKED like FROGS!
Now lets PAWS for a while and all go to the DOGS!!!
And when that's done let's have more fun...
Let's go HOG WILD, now everyone!
PIG-ture just the most success...
Just SPOT the best... aim to impress!
Let's gather every single THEME... At BSOBAD and be EXTREME!!!
Now it's time for a BARREL of fun...
We won't MONKEY around, until it's done!
Let's go BANANAS...
Go APE, too!
You knew my THEMES were never through!

We LOVE a THEME... oh yes we do!
We also LOVE to follow through.
Although we've BUZZED a bit BEE-fore...
It's fun, fun, fun, so let's do more!
Done that "BEE"N there, NO not yet!
We'll BUZZ some more, so don't forget.
At BSOBAD you'll "BEE" so pleased,
Dancing and BUZZING, just like BEES!
BEE-cycling is the way to go...
It is the newest thing, you know!
So heres to another BEE-lightful year,
Another one we can hold so dear!
BEE -SOBAD, BEE- SOGOOD,
BEE your best, you know you should!
You'll BEE amazed with what you can BEE...
When BUZZING around... just wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog today Diane. You sure do put a lot of time and energy into those boards. Luv the poem. Scooter

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS SCOOTER... id oput lots into them for sure... but it's all fun!

    ReplyDelete