Sunday, January 30, 2011

CELEBRATE!

Brenda's cake was not only yummy...
It looked like a present!

A few little balloons and party hats to make it festive!

The musical Clown  in the basement
Today we hosted a 50th Birthday party for my 
sister-in-law, Brenda. We had some yummy munchies and cake with family here.  I love a reason to celebrate ...and even get out a few decorations to make it festive, too!  Sometimes I think that is more for me than for anyone else... but what ever brings me happiness I just do... because that's how I am!


My cousin, Darcy had a birthday yesterday and my cousin, Jan, has a birthday tomorrow. They both live in different parts of the states... but I am just sending them my birthday thoughts here on my little blog today!  My mom's oldest sister Jean, celebrates her 95th birthday on  Tuesday...WOW what a milestone. I hope to get by her home to see her and share some birthday love with her that day. 
So all in all lots of CELEBRATIONS in the family lately!


Yesterday when I was in the basement to get the vacuum to bring it upstairs to run, one of my musical clowns  down there started to play all by it self. This happened around Christmas time, too... with a little Christmas ornament, that played one verse of "Jingle Bells", while I was in another room. The clown played one verse of "Shall We Dance" and it hasn't been wound up for years.  My mom always loved music boxes and any musical things that could be wound up and played... so I feel these are signs that she is somehow with me in spirit.  I have had many thoughts of her lately. 


Today we had family over and it was great...
We were all here to CELEBRATE,
We had lots of yummy food to munch, 
Along with coffee and also some punch.
We had some cake and ice cream too,
And visits and laughs, yes quite a few! 
Family ranged from young to old... 
And there were many stories told.
Always fun to when we can share,
And celebrate with family there,
And here's a wish for many more...
Celebrations and happiness galore!

2 comments: