Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fondly Remembering my DAD!

It is hard to believe 11 years has past since my dad passed away. His was a sudden passing so it was really shocking when it happened. There isn't a day goes by that I don't think of him and remember him fondly. He was a great guy and the best dad I could have ever hoped for.
Here is a little poem for him today...

When I look back on good times that I had,
So many revolved around my sweet dad.
He set an example that was second to none,
When it came to fine people, he was just number one!
Although eleven years now have passed,
He lives on in my heart and those memories last.
I've comfort in knowing he and mom are together,
She joined him last fall before the cold weather.
Together they're angels watching down from above,
They're sprinkling us all with their warmth and their love.
My parents were special and always will be,
They hold a dear spot right inside of me!

On another note...

Yesterday was my cousin Bev's annual New Year's open house. I took Mariah with me to share in some fun and visits. She was very social for a 4 year old! She also snapped many photos, too!  I enjoyed seeing the relatives who were there at the time and always enjoy that event each year.

Today we just took Mariah home after her little sleepover at Grammie's, and tonight we will have my brother for supper. YUM... Ham and Scalloped potatoes... one of our favs!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it has been 11 years already. If sure doesn't seen like that long ago. Our parents will always hold a special place in our hearts. I am so blessed that mine are still with me. Great tribute to your dad with that wonderful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, your poetry is so 'heart warming' and so descriptive...I love it and I love your new 'blog' ..nice going, girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete