Saturday, January 29, 2011

Interests and Priorities

With Beau's birth and Mom's death in 2010
This little Angel pulling the teddy bear is a reminder that Grandkids complete the circle of life!
I have been evaluating my life a lot lately and even more since my mom's passing last October.  I realize how important it is to TAP into the genuine interests in life and share them with those who care to listen!

In the final stages of my mom's life she could no longer communicate, but when she still could, she was always so genuinely interested in my life and everything I did.  I kind of miss having her to share  the things that are important to me.  I guess that is why this little blog has been so good for me.  I can write out my thoughts and genuine interests and happenings of the day and who ever wants to share in those thoughts can do so right here!  My mom was always my biggest fan in all I did, including my dancing and my poetry!  I think she might have enjoyed reading my blog, too!!!

As I get older in my life I realize how much priorities shift.  Things that were once important maybe don't matter so much anymore...while other things in life become more cherished!  Things I maybe once took for granted, I appreciate more now.  And the circle of life continues!... It's like a big POLKA DOT... (funny how many things turn into polka dots for me, too!)

My kids have grown up and are enjoying their lives in their early stages of adulthood. They are busy with what is most important to them. It makes me proud and happy to see them succeed in life. I feel so very blessed to have grandkids now as they begin another generation.  I am reminded in many ways of times when my kids were small as I watch Mariah and Beau in their tot years.  I feel so special to be their grandma, 
GRAMMiE D!

I had a great visit today over a STARBUCKS latte, with a former parent of a couple dance students from years ago. We are both grandparents now, and shared how special that phase of life is.  We have many common threads in our lives, and it is always nice to share with someone who is genuinely interested.  I love how Face Book can reconnect people from memories of yesterdays! 

I feel so fortunate to have many common threads and bonds in life connecting me to people with the same common interests!

When I decided to do a blog my main purpose was to TAP into something simple everyday and look for the special in it. By doing that it has made me think in a more positive way from day to day. It has made me GRATEFUL for the blessings in my life. 

Tomorrow we are hosting a birthday party for my sister-in-law, Brenda, who turned the milestone age of 50 yesterday.  I always enjoy a chance to get together for a little family celebration... and even better when it is with cake!  I will get out the balloons and re decorate for a little birthday fun.  

Mariah and Beau make my life so
SPECiAL!

TAPPiNESS will always be SPECiAL to me!

So many SPECiAL times are shared over a
STARBUCKS!

At this stage of life, I want to have fun,
I've worked really hard, so that phase is all done.
I want to do things that interest me most.
And share my life story on here coast to coast.
It's always more fun when I think I can share,
The things that I love with someone who'll care.
Someone who's genuinely interested to hear,
About all the things and the ones who are dear.
I have many interests that I like to do,
And so many friends to share those with, too!
I feel I get wiser, the more that I age,
I know what brings happiness to me in this stage.
Priorities shift a lot day to day.
But it's always so good to have fun on the way.
Yesterday holds many cherished times,
Today is full of so many rhymes,
Tomorrow is one full of many surprises,
Coming to me in many disguises!
Live in the moment, from the start to the end...
Enjoy times with family and with every friend.
Make each day special and also so great.
Take time to have fun and just celebrate! 

2 comments:

  1. Another terrific post. Your happiness is contagious. Thanks for taking the time to write and tapping laughter and sunshine into others lives.
    I know your mom would read this daily and several times over. My mother used to send my poetry and articles away using my address. Out of the 'blue' I would receive an honorable mention, a cheque, an article published in a magazine or quarterly, a trophy.. So I know what you mean about direly missing your mom. For both our moms - we toast them with rhyme and words and being the best mothers, friends, neighbours we can be! (And grandma's though that is something that isn't in my grasp.) But, Diane - I see all those wonderful traits in you!
    Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again... your comments mean so much to me! I am glad that people like yourself are enjoying this so much... it has definitely brought me hours of happiness and tappiness, too!
    xo Diane

    ReplyDelete