Monday, January 10, 2011

A SiMPLY SPECiAL BiRTHDAY!

 My day has been "simply special" all the way along!

It started with a lovely wrapped gift and nice card sitting on the kitchen table from my husband, Brian when I got up.  It was filled with lots of good stuff from the body shop. He is so thoughtful and so sweet!

I was to be a model for a "free cut and color" hair appointment from a former dance student, Nicole, this morning.  On my way out the door to that, my 94 year old Aunt Jean called to wish me Happy Birthday!  How very sweet of her to even remember my birthday at her age... but she is sharp as a tack!

I had a nice visit while getting my hair done... it ended up being a great cut...
but it had to be curled... so maybe a bit different "DO" than I'm used to...
I have posted a "before" and "after" pic below!  Tomorrow I'll be back to
"my" straighter version!!!... Today I felt like "CURLY TEMPLE!"

Then I was off to join 3 dance studio girl friends for a birthday lunch!  Also included pic from that! Thanks for the great gifts gals! We always have fun... and thanks to Brenda for treating!
Brenda and I did a starbucks run today later as well!

I came home to let out Shuffle and check messages... of which there were plenty. There were phone calls, emails, and FB messages galore!... including an adorable message on my phone from my 4 year old grandaughter, Mariah, singing Happy Birthday and ending in "I LOVE YOU!"... it melted my heart!

I also had calls from my son, Colin, in Montreal, both my brothers and one of my sister-in-laws, my mother-in-law, my cousin and a few friends, too! I can't believe how many people thought of me today and for that I felt so special and grateful!

I was blessed with many special little gifts and cards... and a whole lotta love!
Posted a pic of gifts, too.

A couple of other thoughts from today... When I was getting into my car to go for my hair appointment... a crow flew over my head... I wondered if that might be "a sign" that I am becoming another old crow!... but then the crow flew away!!!

I had a funny visit with an 89 year old BOBCHA at the hair salon... (That is Polish for Grandma, she told me!)... she was just way too cute for words! Her name was Stella!

I felt the love of my mom all day and even though this is my first birthday without her,  I thought of her lots because really birthdays are celebrations for moms, too!  After all... she gave birth to me on my birthday... so for a mom... it is a "BIRTHING DAY!"  She was sprinkling her love from above, and I felt it.

My husband treated me to a nice Sushi Supper out, too... so all in all it was a "simply special" day!

I normally babysit BEAU on mondays... but THANKS to Jana for giving me my Birthday off, she swapped Monday for Wednesday this week!

Now I have birthday cards to craft for my kids... they are the next ones with birthdays around here!  Infact I can't believe MY BABY, Jana, will be 30 tomorrow... Here is Jana and her darling kids, Beau and Mariah!

I've had a day with so much love...
From all around and up above!
Face book messages off the chart...
Have made my day, and filled my heart.
Hair do, lunch out, starbucks and more...
Cards and gifts and love galore!
I truly feel so very blessed.
My friends and family are the best.
Today's my day and it's been great!
Tomorrow my daughter will celebrate!
Each year is special, yes, everyone...
Today was "simply special" and fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Diane, enjoyed hearing about your birthday day. Sounds like you have a lot of fun today. Your hair looks great curly. Nice to see a pic with Nicole. I haven't seen her for ages.

    ReplyDelete