Thursday, January 6, 2011

GRATiTUDE can make a difference!

I have been thinking about GRATiTUDE lots lately... and how it affects people's lives.  I am one who likes to be grateful for so many things, but I also appreciate it when people are grateful for me as well!

I got a great little book for Christmas from my very good friend, LINDA and it is called GRATITUDE... (I LOVE IT)... and I must say I LOVE my friend LINDA too... she has done so much for me as a friend in life.

Today I was realizing how GRATEFUL I am every morning for my Quaker Oats Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal.  Each individual package comes with a little healthy heart tip on it!  Today's said "Nourish your emotional heart".  Now really.... you gotta love it!  A bit of that with some yogurt and blueberries and it gets my day off to a great start!

Our TV wasn't working when I got up today.  Sask Tel Max is installing a new program... so I am so "technology challenged" that I was so GRATEFUL for my husband, Brian, who got it going in time for me to watch ELLEN... (my favorite morning show!)... And really I couldn't ask for a better husband... he is just the best!  I need to tell him that more often!... (he might read it in this blog today!)

I have been grateful for all the BONDING time I have had with my wee grandson, BEAU, this week... even though he has had a few more fussy moments than I am used to him having!  Today he doesn't come until the afternoon... (so I am grateful for a morning to myself to write my blog!!! hehehe)... I'll look forward to more quality one on one time with Beau again this afternoon!

I am actually enjoying having a blog, too... It gives me a chance to write out my inner thoughts!... and soon I will attach pictures as well, but you get no shortage of those from me on FACE BOOK!

I remember in around 1998 on the OPRAH show on TV she was emphasizing the importance of having a GRATEFUL JOURNAL.  She was encouraging people to get one and write out what they were grateful for every day, in it.  I thought it would be a neat idea that year to find cool different journals for everyone on my Christmas list as my special start to their gratefulness!... HMMM... I kind of wonder what happened to all those journals... not really sure if any of those people ever followed through.  I know my son, Colin's is still in my basement! (empty!) I guess everyone has a different way of being grateful... and a journal didn't work for him!

I'm grateful for so many friends in my walks of life!  I have met so many wonderful people in my career as a dance teacher and just in daily encounters. I'm grateful for my family, too!

Although both of my parents have now passed away... I reflect on all the good they did for me every day... I learned so much from them and for that I am grateful... they DANCE on in my heart daily.

OK... ... well I could go on forever... here... once I get started... there seems to be no end!.....

I'm grateful for polka dots, stickers, chocolate, starbucks,music, tap shoes, mydog, "Shuffle"... my printer, crafting.... cards... and anyone who enjoys hanging out with me and sharing my loves!... oh and so much more...
(maybe in another blog!)

OH... I forgot to mention my cousin, Gwen, popped over yesterday for a visit... I can't believe I didn't even get my camera out!  Anyhow Gwen and I have lots in common and love when we can get together!... she is one of the most enthusiastic people I know... and what a great quality to have!

Well that should be enough GRATEFUL thoughts to get me through my day!

So my little poem of the day is short and sweet!...

Remember the GIFTS you have inside,
FREE them now and don't let them hide.
FOCUS on the GOOD ... and not the bad,
Dwell on the HAPPY and not the sad!
Think of times that made you LAUGH lots,
Also about the very KINDEST of thoughts.
Do things for others to HELP them out...
Just TAP right in, without any doubt!
Be GRATEFUL for little things everyday,
Then HAPPiNESS will be in your HEART to stay!

1 comment: