Wednesday, January 19, 2011

FuN & FaBuLoUs!

Some days we are not meant to hang around doing work... we need a little fun!  I had a day like that today...


My good friend, GAILENE, has been around for me through thick and thin.   She was a marvelous help and support for me through the final stages of my mom's life, because she went through a similar situation with her mom and helped to prepare me for what was to come.  Now she has just gone through another death, as her mother in law passed away last week.

So today we decided to set our worries aside and go have some fun!  Really we like so much of the same stuff... and our senses of humor are on the same page, so we can TAP into SiMPLE and make it SPECiAL pretty easy! 


We started off at Michael's... and we are both crafters and scrapbook lovers... so it is a good place to start!  To us the saying "LESS iS MORE"... means if it cost LESS...  we can buy MORE!  We both enjoy a little sale!... (ok... so much for downsizing... I think that might be over rated, anyhow!)

They had a section of things with sayings on them that we were really getting quite a kick out of...INFACT 
I decided to take some pictures of them in the store!  
I know I tend to be a bit of  a "nerd" with my documentation of every little thing ...  but I have been known to be a bit "OTT" (over the top!)... and I like it that way!


We then went for a fine lunch at MANO'S.  I love the lemon rice soup there... it is the best... and today's lunch had soup and a club sandwhich combined... so it was a yummy combo... and yes... I documented that, too!... (ofcourse I did...because that is just what I do!)


OK... so then it was onto the dollar store... Well they don't call me the "DOLLARAMA- GRAMMA" for nothing... it is truly my favorite store... and I'm not going to lie!... So that would make me an "OTTDG!"
(over the top dollarama gramma!)  And we managed to find more simple things there and make them seem special, too!... (because that is just how we are!)


The caption says...
"Let's talk about HOW FABULOUS
you think I am." 
So I will just let the pictures speak for themselves here, enjoy how I turned this SiMPLE day into something SPECiAL... 

These sayings on little tins

These sayings on luggage tags

These sayings on recipe boxes

YUM... Lemon Rice Soup from MANO'S

Gailene and I enjoying our club sandwiches!

HOW FABULOUS are these glasses?!

                   ofcourse FuN... and FaBuLoUs!


Some days I'm not meant to get a lot done...
Some days are just about having some fun!
That's why we have friends, and that's what they're for,
For going out shopping and lunching and more...
And also to share in our stories and things,
The laughs and the joys and the humor it brings.
And my how it's funny how a saying or two,
Will make us crack up... and the laughing we'll do.
I figure it's really so good for the soul,
And really in life, that's now my big goal.
To TAP into Simple, everyday...
And to make it seem Special in a brand new way!







2 comments:

  1. I loved every last word...and you are a 'nerd' but I love that about you !! I also loved the 'glasses' who said, you shouldn't wear 'rose colored' glasses...they are so cool...maybe even too cool!
    I just loved your topic for today...hope you have a good night too!!
    hugs to you from me, Arlene K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks so Much Arlene... for taking an interest in your nerdy OTT friend wearing rose colored glasses!!!...and for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete