Friday, January 28, 2011

PLaY, SiMPLE, HaPPY!

The PiNk PuPPy and BEaU at Grammie's today
Today the "Happy Heart Tip" on my Quaker Oats oatmeal package read "PLAY LIKE A CHILD".
The caption in my BLACK POLKA DOT MUG said "KEEP iT SiMPLE"... and so started my day!


Ice- Ice Baby... it was so slippery outside, so I was HAPPY to stay inside with my little BEAU man.  Today I also got to babysit his sister's special PiNK PuPPY, too.  Infact, Mariah sent strict orders with her mommy to tell me to read to her puppy and be sure she got her nap, today as well.  I was guessing Mariah must have thought I was a pretty good babysitter to be trusting me with her very special pink puppy while she would be at daycare.


BEAU had a few little jumps in his jolly jumper and a few little plays in the exersaucer, along with more smiles, laughs and some more roll overs.  He also had many diaper changes, and some bottles and a couple good naps, too! Another simple, happy and playful day with the little BEAU and the doggies!


I am thinking my brother must have enjoyed hanging out here yesterday, because he dropped by again today to say hi to us and share some more fun with us!...     BUT today no cookies or cupcakes.


My sister-in-law, Brenda, is 50 today... and we will be hosting a little birthday celebration in honor of that milestone at our house with family this sunday afternoon!  I do enjoy a celebration... and maybe I will make some cupcakes for that!  Good thing I still have some balloons left from the birthdays earlier this month around here, too!


beverages of the day

keepin it simple

all the HAPPiNESS  you can handle!

Sometimes things are better,
when they are taken slow.
Especially on a day like this,
with ice and then some snow.
That's when I keep it simple
and stay inside my home...
And when my baby BEAU-ZY sleeps,
that's when I write a poem.
I take my job quite seriously,
and also make it fun.
I do enjoy my little man,
the whole day till it's done.
Today I had to babysit
MARiAH'S puppy, too!
She sent the puppy here with Beau,
for me to follow through!
She wanted me to read to it,
and let her have a nap.
So that is what I did with her,
and also I did tap!
I think I had enough
to make me HAPPY as can be.
We shared so many SMiLES,
BEAU, the dogs and me!
I think as far as GRAMMiES go,
I am a lucky one.
I share with my sweet grandkids,
and always have some fun!
To LAUGH a little everyday,
while sharing happy thoughts...
And drink my coffee from a mug,
that's covered all in SPOTS!

2 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration - to say the least.
    Your rhyme is divine!
    Keep those computer keys tapping and your blog ever happening!
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... we had a pretty laid back simple day around here today, but I was content to stay in with it being so trecherous outside to get around!
    Thanks for tuning into my little blog of simple thoughts!
    D

    ReplyDelete