Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Random Rambles!

OK... so I have had the privledge of babysitting my grandson, BEAU for this entire week.  He is nearly 5 months old now... (I know where does the time go?) It seems like only yesterday when we were anxiously awaiting his arrival!

ANYHOW... as my daughter dropped him off this morning, she said "I can't believe I'm almost 30!" It made me realize just how precious time really is...and just how fast it goes by.

My daughter Jana also has a 4 year old daughter, Mariah who goes to daycare, and when Beau is 6 months he will join her there, too! So I am just enjoying all the bonding I am able to do with Beau  while I babysit him now. I realize why we have our children when we are young, though...I don't have the same energy I had when my kids were little!

We are all coming up on birthdays around here... January is a big month for those in our household! Mine, my daughter's and my son's all happen within a week  of each other... then, my hubby, Brian has his in October! When my kids were small we used to get by with one big party and have all the nieghbour kiddies over at the same time to celebrate the two in one big party... well those days are only memories now... and oh I have so many of those stored up... (don't get me started!)

I wrote a little poem in honor of BIRTHDAY season today...

FIVE... SIX... seven, eight... Soon it's time to CELEBRATE!

Birthdays are a special time, that come but once a year,
They are that wee reminder, that OLD can bring some cheer!
In my household they happen almost all within a week...
We celebrate and celebrate and then turn a new cheek.
Funny how it goes that way... so many at a time.
I craft a special card or two and add a little rhyme.
For me I like that part the best, it really isn't hard!
But I don't think my kids care much if they receive a card.
I love a card with lots of thought, to show the giver cares...
To keep it in a box of cards, to read for future shares!
When I look back on times gone by, they seemed to go so fast.
I want to put them all on hold so I can make them last.
To cherish all the memories  and make the most each day.
And make each day a special one, that's in my heart to stay.
Capture all the stages, all the hours, every minute...
And keep them in my memory bank, with all my treasures in it!
Life is such a precious thing, and birthdays mark each year...
I have to just remember , growing old can be so near.
Soon it is our birthday time, and we can celebrate,
No matter how we choose to age... I know it will be great!

I think being grateful for all things great and small is important... sometimes I think APPRECIATION is a bigger deal to me than to most... but my good friend LINDA sent me a very interesting article by email yesterday...

"ACCORDING TO AN AUGUST 2010 ARTICLE IN THE DAILYBEAST.COM, A STUDY BY A UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA PSYCHOLOGY PROFESSOR FOUND THAT GRATEFUL PEOPLE ARE 25% HAPPIER THAN THEIR UNGRATEFUL BRETHREN. FOR THE MOST PART, BECOMING MORE GRATEFUL JUST MEANS OPENING YOUR EYES TO THE BLESSINGS YOU ALREADY HAVE."

On another note... I watched NATE BERKUS today... I actually really enjoyed his show... I could see myself getting into that one... he is sure cute, too! (just saying!)

Last night I enjoyed the new reality show called LIVE TO DANCE... with Paula Abdul as one of the producers and judges... it is on again tonight, too! You dancers out there might also enjoy that one!

Well I happened to have a small window of time while my darling Beau had a nap, so I could jot down my random thoughts of the day... here is hoping all my blog followers are TAPPING into a happy day today!

2 comments:

  1. Really upbeat! I love it.
    Your words 'dance' on the page. Now, that can't be coincidence. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene! Greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete