Monday, February 7, 2011

FuN TiMES!

Mondays are normally a babysitting day for me, however today I had the day off, and although I love to bond with little BEAU, I was up for a change of pace today.


 My "Happy Heart Tip" on my oatmeal today said "Nurture your Emotional Heart".  


My girlfriend, Gailene, suggested we go check out some fun places, so off we went! We started out at a liquidation place I had never been before called Bianca.  We managed to spend lots of time in there and had many good laughs along the way. We couldn't resist a picture in the  lovely .50 cent "Devilish" headbands we found... because... well the DEVIL made us do it!


DEVILISH FUN!

and even though those headbands were a real "BARGOON", we practiced restraint and left them behind!

I did however get a funky clock for my kitchen for only $3.00 and it kind of matches my
color scheme...

My new $3.00 Clock...
FUN TIMES!

We managed to pick up a few fun things and worked up an appetite, too, so then we needed lunch! We ended up having lunch at Denny's and must have been chatting so much we didn't notice how full we were getting!

Then we headed to Leon's furniture to look for a rocking chair!... But we weren't able to find one we liked. So next we were off to Homesense  but no rockers, there either. However they had a great deal on scrapbooking kits only 10.00 for boxed sets of books, paper, and all the embellishments.
For that price we couldn't afford to be without them!!! Not to mention that now I will have absolutely no excuse
not to get scrapbooking again!

Because they cost LESS...
 I could afford MORE!

As mentioned in yesterday's blog, my musical CD  selections of the day prompted me to get out Jana's dance scrapbooks from years gone by. The tunes reminded me of memories of some of her dances. I truly had a fun little trip down that dance memory lane, and decided to post a few of the pictures in those. I might have to stretch that over a  lot of blogs... as there are 4 scrapbooks full!
Just for fun, I decided to count the costumes Jana had growing up that had polka dots on them and realized in her lifetime she had 17 costumes with dots! (not too surprising really seeing as her mom loves them and was also the teacher/costume designer!)



Out of Jana's very
first scrapbook of dance.
The left she is 4 years old in her Tap #
called "Let me Entertain You"
On the right she is 5 years old in
a Tap duo with her mommy
Called "On account of, I Love You!"
(I see a bit of MARIAH and BEAU
in her in these pics!)
The second volume the mid years...
on the left hand page a large  tap #
"I GOT RHYTHM"
on the right a jazz small #
"I'm Every Woman"
Both these #'s in 1993
age 12


These pics all from Jana's first contract
in TOKYO DISNEYLAND in 2000
in her shows HOOP- DEE DOO, and
DIAMOND HORSESHOE REVUE
age 19
(Her very first professional contract)

Although the scrapbooking pages and costumes are a bit dated now, they still hold so many fond memories for me.

Some days are meant for having fun times...
For getting some bargains
& spending some dimes!
For capturing memories to enjoy later on...
To remember long after these days are gone.
It seems nice to walk away from routine,
To just enjoy places, I've never been.
It is way more fun when shared with a friend,
From the start of the day all the way to the end!


No comments:

Post a Comment